Question about 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
I bought a lemon (used) I can't get the locked off my radio there was no book to it and the dealer ship wants 78.98 just to open the hood please help
Only the dealer can help you
You can try a local shop
They may be able to get the radio code with a
scan tool,don't know.
Posted on Jul 12, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: programing keyless entry
If you have an owners manual the programming instructions are in there. If no manual here they are:
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Ground the receiver program terminal. Jump the two terminals located in the programing ground connector. (What this means in simple terms is locate the wires that run on the right side of the trunk. There is two black wires that has a plug on the end with two prongs. It is in between the antenna and tail lights.)
3. Within 2 seconds of connecting the prongs the door locks will lock. The unlock and the rear compartment lid release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. This indicates that the module is ready for reprogramming.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The rear compartment lid will release and the horn sounds to indicate that the transmitter has successfully been reprogrammed. (Hold buttons down for approximately 12 seconds)
5. Repeat the previous step for the remaining transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper at the program connector.
7. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
There are only 2 things you can try to fix this yourself: turn off the engine and open the driver side door (to turn the radio off). Wait 5 minutes, start your car.
If that does not solve it, turn off your engine, disconnect the car battery, wait about 5 minutes. Reconnect the battery (negative pole first - black connector) and try your radio again.
If neither one of these two fix your problem, I am afraid only a GM service center or dealership can fix the problem. The Cobalt is notorious for all kinds of electrical issues.
Thanks for using the fixya forums!
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
are u the original owner of the car ?if so do you still have the books that came with the car? look for the delco radio book !there should be a card in there with a code and instructions! if not the only wasy is to go to the dealer or a radio repair shop to have it unlocked!
Posted on Mar 17, 2010
SOURCE: GM Radio Codes
GM DELCO THEFTLOCK RADIO UNLOCK CODE:
1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will need, so write 'em down.
2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press the AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write 'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code displays again, just start over).
3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about
having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140. The voice will ask if you're
calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc... When you here him tell you to press "2" for Pontiac, press 206010 and hit the # key. He'll ask you for the 6 digit code that you've written down. Enter that and press the * key. He will then give you a code, and the option to get additional 4 digit codes, but one should be sufficient.
4. Follow the normal procedure in your owners manual for unlocking the
radio with your new code...press the hour set button on your radio until you get the first two numbers of the code, then press the minute set button until you've entered the last two numbers. Immediately press the AM/FM button once the correct code is entered and the code SEC or "secured" will be displayed on the display screen. Now, just turn the radio on, and your ready to roll.
There is an additional step you can take to remove all codes from the
radio and start from scratch by entering your own personalized 4 digit code so that it won't get you in a pickle again! Just repeat step 4 and you should get a display screen that reads ---. This means the code is out, and you can now program your own code. Of course, once you
receive the 4 digit code from the GM recorded message, just keep it in a safe place, because you can use that same code again and again should you have any more problems with it in the future. Good luck, and yes, it does work.
Hope help with this.
Posted on Mar 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS
Aug 22, 2010 | 1999 BMW 323 Series
Jul 19, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 18, 2010 | 2005 Honda CR-V
May 18, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Feb 15, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
May 07, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!