Question about Cars & Trucks
Open a new bonnet fiat 509
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Depending upon how familiar you might be with the location of the under-hood release, you may be able to access it through the small opening between the hood and grill that follows opening the bonnet by pulling the lever under the steering wheel. A long narrow standard head screwdriver and a good light may be all that is required. That is exactly how the mechanic at the VW garage will release the hood latch.
If your not at all familiar with the hood latch, it might be useful to view the mechanism in another Passat so that you know how it functions. Less than a 5 minute job, but the dealer will likely charge about $65 to perform the task, substantially more to replace the broken mechanism.
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
SOURCE: VW Bora: Can't open bonnet
first of all not an easy job,you need to get the front grill off and look upwards for a cover that will be covering up the bonnet catch,basicly bend or pull this off,you should then see were the cable goes in,then you should be able to bar the catch with a screwdriver to release it. best of luck
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
SOURCE: renault clio bonnet wont open
Get a second person to pull bonnet catch and you push up and down on the bonnet whilst catch is being pulled. 1, cable possibly stretched, 2, look at bonnet catch under the coloum to see if wire is attached, 3, try and lie under car and look up the back of the bulkhead to see the catch and release it manually. Hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
SOURCE: bonnet will not open with key
Not sure if the solution can be applied to 2006 focus, I have an European Mk2 Focus which also having the same problem. Here is what you can try.
1. Jack up the car on the lifter.
2. Open bottom engine cover.
3. Loosen two (10mm) screws which secure the bonnet lock assembly. The screws located between air manifold and radiator.
4. Once the screws released, disconnect the alarm cable/socket connected to the lock assembly.
5. Try pull open the bonnet, it may require little force to pull the bonnet open due to a little white plastic link (~1" long, plus (+)shaped) is still connected between the lock assy. and cable assy. Failure to release bonnet lock is only caused by this plastic link!
6. Once the bonnet opened, the cable assy can be detached by pulling it from engine side out. Inspect the plastic link if it worn out.
1. Attach lock and cable assy. Ensure the plastic link is properly inserted in its place between lock and cable assy. Test the mechanism with the car key.
2. Insert the whole assembly from engine side out.
3. Secure with two 10mm screws, reconnect alarm cable.
4. Reinstall bottom engine cover.
Hope this help. Sorry for my English.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2017 | Fiat Cars & Trucks
Apr 27, 2016 | Fiat Cars & Trucks
Sep 21, 2014 | 2012 Fiat 500 C Pop Convertible 1.4L...
Jul 09, 2012 | 2001 Fiat Punto
May 02, 2011 | Fiat 500 Cars & Trucks
Apr 24, 2011 | Fiat 500 Cars & Trucks
Jan 26, 2011 | Fiat 124 Cars & Trucks
Jul 23, 2009 | Fiat Strada Cars & Trucks
485 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!