Question about 1994 Chrysler Concorde
So, the trunk ajar light stays on even though the trunk is securely closed. Is it possible to disable the light from showing in the message center? or another way to fix this?
Look for a contact switch in the trunk. Sometimes, when the trunk (or door for that matter) gets slammed, then button gets set deeper.
What's happening is door and trunk switches are "self adjusting", and a slam "Self adjusts" too far. It is hard to reset the switch without killing it. Just get another one if you find this to be your situation. Test the switch before you buy a replacment.
Posted on Jul 09, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
why not just remove the fuse for the trunk release until you get the short fix stop by your local dealership in the parts department and have them to print you off some pictures and diagrams and you may even find the probelm you are having .
Posted on Dec 17, 2009
All gas charged supports are not created equal. I recommend using O.E. for this application.
Snow,ice and trapped water make the lid heavier than it should be make sure these are not the issue.
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
This is quite a process....
1) Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2) Remove the rear shelf trim panel.
3) Disconnect the CHMSL electrical connector (1).
4) Remove the two mounting fasteners (3) to the CHMSL (2).
Installation is opposite of removal.
Rear shelf trim panel
1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2) Remover the right and left lower and upper C-pillar trim.
3) Remove the nut that secures the center rear seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel and feed the seat belt webbing back through the opening in the top of the rear shelf panel trim (2) to the retractor.
4) Remove the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim (2) to the rear shelf panel.
5) Slide the trim forward to disengage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the to the center of the shelf panel.
6) Remove the trim from the rear shelf panel.
1) Position the trim (2) onto the rear shelf panel(3).
2) Slide the rear edge of the trim rearward to engage the lens bezel of the center high-mounted stop lamp and far enough to engage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the center of the shelf panel.
3) Install the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim to the rear shelf panel.
4) Pull the center rear seat belt lower anchor and belt webbing from the retractor through the opening the the top of the rear shelf panel trim and back down to the stud on the floor panel.
5) Install and tighten the nut that secures the seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel. Tighten the nut to 34 N m (25 ft. lbs.).
6) Reinstall the right and left upper and lower C-pillar trim.
7) Connect the battery negative cable.
C-pillar trim removal
Hope this all gets it done for you........
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2015 | 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl....
Dec 09, 2013 | Pontiac Solstice Cars & Trucks
Jul 09, 2013 | 1994 Chrysler Concorde
Aug 06, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 06, 2011 | 2004 Hyundai XG350
Sep 28, 2010 | 2008 Hyundai Elantra
Feb 12, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Feb 19, 2009 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Dec 02, 2008 | 2005 Audi A8
Aug 30, 2014 | 1994 Chrysler Concorde
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: