Question about Cars & Trucks
Truck starts then stalls 4 or 7 times then runs fine, earth's r all good?? No one seems to know was told may be governor in pump and could cost upward of $8000 can anyone help?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem with My 1990 F150 300 6cylinder 4x4.....I cahnged all the same things you did, finally I sprayed a can of Gumout through the throttle body and it worked and ran great. Now I add fuel injector cleaner to the gas and a regular clean with the gumout and the problem has'nt come back. Good Luck to you and hope it works!
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
Check the voltage of battery with voltmeter.. It is sometimes possible that if voltage of battery drops and jump start is needed, your computer will only charge to the last voltage that was recognized which would be when jumped...Try and charge the battery if possible I would actually suggest that you have your battery tested at local auto parts store and if it is presumed in good condition ,let them charge for you to max capacity . If battery has been tested and labeled as no good replace if necessary... Oh, and first thing you should do is make sure your positive and negative battery connections are clean and tight...if this didnt fix problem please give more info on what was found when advice above was followed...Good Luck!!!!
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
SOURCE: 2002 Toyota Tundra Stalls
The throttle body needs cleaning. It has some carbon build up, and when the battery went dead the computer lost its learned values, one of which is base throttle position. Now its reset back to factory specs, not accounting for a dirty throttle body. Seen it a million times
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Suburban 4WD V8-393 6.5L DSL
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Testing and Inspection
An inoperative shutdown solenoid can cause a no-start condition. Disconnect solenoid harness connector and with ignition switch in the "ON"
position momentarily touch solenoid harness connector to solenoid connector. If a "click" sound is heard, the solenoid circuit is operating
properly. If "click" is not heard, the system should be diagnosed as follows:
1. With test lamp connected to ground and the ignition switch in the "ON" position, backprobe the shutdown harness connector. If the test lamp
does not light check for open circuit form the ignition switch to the solenoid.
2. If the test lamp lights, check the ground circuit between solenoid stud and injection pump cover to see if connectors are clean and tight. If the
connections are not clean and tight repair and retest.
3. If the ground circuit is "OK", remove the injection pump cover. Connect a jumper wire between solenoid ground connector and ground. With
the ignition switch in the "ON" position, momentarily touch shutdown solenoid harness connector to shutdown solenoid terminal. If solenoid
operates, check for internal injection pump problem.
4. If the solenoid will not operate, replace the shutdown solenoid.
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Service and Repair
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:
1. Remove pump cover.
2. Terminal contact nuts.
INSTALL OR CONNECT:
1. Solenoid in the pump cover.
- On the shutdown solenoid, make sure that the linkage is free.
- On the cold advance solenoid, make sure that the plunger is centered so that it will contact the check ball in the fitting.
2. Insulating washers on the terminal studs.
3. Terminal nuts and tighten to 1 Nm (9 in lbs).
4. Pump cover.
5. Inspect solenoid operation prior to installing the pump cover. Use a 12 volt DC power source.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2016 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Jul 07, 2015 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Apr 02, 2014 | 2005 Toyota LandCruiser Prado
Jan 30, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2013 | Suzuki XL7 Cars & Trucks
Apr 26, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 14, 2010 | 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Apr 05, 2009 | 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
Mar 11, 2009 | 2006 Mitsubishi Colt
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!