Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 98 Audi A4 Entering radio Code
This solution is close, but not accurate for my 1998 A4 2.8. You press and hold FM2 and RDS until the display indicates 1000. Immediately release. Then enter code with radio numbers 1 through 4, pressing each one till you get the first no. of the code, then for 2, press till you get second no. of code, etc. The press and hold FM2 and RDS until radio comes on.
Posted on Jul 22, 2008
Turn on radio - the word SAFE will appear in the display. Press th P.SCAN and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold them down until "1000" lights up in the display.Release buttons.Do not, under no circumtances, continue holding them down or press them once again. Use station buttons 1,2,3,and 4 to enter the code number from your Radio Card. Use the button 1 to enter the first number 2 for the second number 3 for the third number and 4 for the last number.Once you have entered the code and it shows on the display,press the P.SCAN and RBDS buttons down again simultaneously and hold them down until the word SAFE appears in the display.Release buttons. Soon afterwards a frequency will be displayed.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
sorry to say, you will need to take it in, it needs to be hooked up to their computer to reset and have it start up poperly. It just like a pc when it crash it will try to start in safe mode until you select "Normal" start up
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
For Audi Concert the sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Mar 19, 2010
SOURCE: Safe mode in Audi Symphony radio
hold rbds and pscan till you see numbers then use the radio memory buttons to control the number you want to put in after the numbers are put in hold rbds pscan again till u see it says safe and radio works.
Posted on May 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2011 | 1998 Audi A4
Jan 08, 2011 | 2001 Audi A4
Nov 27, 2010 | 1998 Audi A4
Mar 26, 2010 | 1998 Audi A8
Nov 17, 2009 | 1998 Audi A6
Oct 13, 2009 | 2001 Audi A4
Jun 07, 2009 | 1998 Audi A6
Jan 02, 2009 | 1998 Audi A4
Nov 21, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!