Question about Ford Expedition

Open Question

03 expedition pcv valve grommet

Why this OEM part from ford want go in to the hole on my valve cover

Posted by Anonymous on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1 Answer


show me a picture. everyone else says it's on the passenger side. nothing white on driver side of my 03 expedition.

Posted on Mar 07, 2009

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: where is pcv valve on 96 nissan pickup

The PCV valve on the KA24E 4-cylinder is located in front of the oil filter and above the alternator. It points to the rear of the engine.

You will need only two tools; a stubby 19mm open end wrench and a pair of pliers to remove the hose clamp. I did it without removing anything else. Just reach around to the right of the oil filter. It took about 15 minutes. Here is a pic:

Posted on Sep 03, 2009

  • 1564 Answers

SOURCE: I have a 2004 Ford expedition, does it have a PCV

The PCV valve is going the way of the carburetor, they are being phased out by "most" companies. If you can't find it, most likley it's not there. Thank you, Dana

Posted on Sep 22, 2009

  • 5081 Answers

SOURCE: location of pcv valve on 03 ford focus
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.

Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube

Posted on Sep 25, 2009

  • 202 Answers

SOURCE: were is the pcv valve position on a 03nissan pathfinder

The Posative Crankcase Ventalation hose is always attached to the Cam cover, to allow gases to vent out of the crankcase. Look near you spark plugs toward the top front end of the cover.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My 2001 expedition is idling rough and i hear a hiss comming from the engine near the rear but cant tell were its comming from

There is a large elbow shaped tube at the back of the intake plenum where the PCV valve hose connects. This tube gets a hole sucked in it due to oil fumes that come through the PCV valve and softens the rubber. To find the tube,simply follow the PCV valve tube from the valve cover on the passenger side of engine to the back of the intake.

Mar 05, 2015 | 2001 Ford Expedition

2 Answers

When i start my 1998 Ford Expedition, it immediatley dies out unless i step on the gas right away.. but once i let go of the gas pedal, it dies right away... what could be the problem? please help...

The age of your vehicle also guarantee's a vacuum leak. It may sound silly but the truth is rubber grommets, and hose's shrink and dry out over time and the harsh environment under the hood makes it worse. Check all vacuum lines and fittings attached to the intake manifold, valve covers (pcv valve), and be sure to check for a vacuum fitting on top of the intake just behind the throttle body. Does it fit tight in the hole? You can seal loose fittings with a high-temp RTV (Red) silicone sealant/adhesive. Several small leaks add up and your engine, heat/AC, and transmission will be all to glad to tell you about it.

Aug 29, 2011 | Ford Expedition Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Location of the PCV valve.

I don't have a mercury in front of me, or even a ford engine. however every PCV I have ever seen was plugged **** end into a valve cover and the other smaller end was fitted into a rather large vacuum hose. So do a hard target search of the valve cover(s) and you will find it. Note that the grommet the **** end snuggles into is hard and crusty and loses vacuum, so is the vacuum hose on the other end. While you are replacing the PCV valve get a new hose and grommet from the HELP section at the parts store and replace them all. Ten bucks will cover all 3 parts. Have a needle nose pliers handy to help you in removing the grommet.

Nov 22, 2010 | 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

1 Answer

I have 2003 Explorer with 4.0L V6 engine. PCV valve is really loose and won't stay inside the hole in valve cover. As a result oil is sipping through. When I checked using mirror and flashlight, the hole...

Yes - It should have a plastic grommet type thingy to sit in. Just push in, no threads.
Try to find one in junk yard or order from dealer.. How much could they cost?
You could try an actual grommet.. but must be oil resistant.

Nov 13, 2010 | 2003 Ford Explorer

1 Answer

Why does my PCV valve and grommet keep popping out of engine? New PCV valve, I wrapped the grommet in teflon tape. Was real tight, still blew out.

It sounds like the line from the PCV valve to the engine is blocked. Double check the valve itself, it should rattle when you shake it. Put it back in but don't connect it to the intake. If it doesn't blow out check for blockages in the line between the PCV valve and the intake or possibly the entry hole inself. Hope this helps.

Oct 24, 2010 | 1986 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

1998 ford exp. where is pvc valve located?

The PCV valve is located on the passenger side of the engine, in a grommet in the middle of the valve cover, with a hose connected to it.

Mar 11, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition

3 Answers

My mom has a 2003 ford windstar and just last week the check engine light came on. We took it in to have it looked and it came up with the codes PO171 and PO174, what can those codes mean?

it means you may have a big vacuum leak, or the maf sensors little wires inside of it are dirty and need to be cleaned, or the maf sensor failed. Also there is a TSB that says to remove the PCV valve on the valve cover near the radiator, Then remove the little rubber grommet and look inside. At about the 5 oclock position you may see a little hole on the plate that is above the valves . If you see the hole then your suppose to replace the valve cover.
If all this fails to fix the problem then you need to remove the intake plennun and inspect and replace the gaskets.

Jan 12, 2010 | 2003 Ford Windstar

1 Answer

Where is the PCV Valve for a 2004 Ford Expediion, do you have a picture?

It should be in the right valve cover. Rarely if ever does it need to be replaced, just clean it with carb cleaner. If replacement is needed, be sure to get a OEM FORD part.

Nov 23, 2009 | 2004 Ford Expedition

3 Answers


show me a picture. everyone else says it's on the passenger side. nothing white on driver side of my 03 expedition.

Aug 16, 2008 | Mercury Mountaineer Cars & Trucks

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

80407 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5687 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides