Question about Ford Expedition
Why this OEM part from ford want go in to the hole on my valve cover
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The PCV valve on the KA24E 4-cylinder is located in front of the oil filter and above the alternator. It points to the rear of the engine.
You will need only two tools; a stubby 19mm open end wrench and a pair of pliers to remove the hose clamp. I did it without removing anything else. Just reach around to the right of the oil filter. It took about 15 minutes. Here is a pic:
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
The PCV valve is going the way of the carburetor, they are being phased out by "most" companies. If you can't find it, most likley it's not there. Thank you, Dana
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
The Posative Crankcase Ventalation hose is always attached to the Cam cover, to allow gases to vent out of the crankcase. Look near you spark plugs toward the top front end of the cover.
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2015 | 2001 Ford Expedition
Jun 07, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 29, 2011 | Ford Expedition Cars & Trucks
Nov 22, 2010 | 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis
Nov 13, 2010 | 2003 Ford Explorer
Oct 24, 2010 | 1986 Ford Crown Victoria
Mar 11, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Jan 12, 2010 | 2003 Ford Windstar
Nov 23, 2009 | 2004 Ford Expedition
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!