Question about Cars & Trucks
Need the programming instructions for the remote and thats all
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the remote is generic you will need the factory remote to "clone" the signal to the new remote.
With your oem pontiac remote you may need to visit any GM service center to have the remote set to the cars receiver. There are literally 100,000 different variables GM uses to ensure one remote can't work the wrong car. A typical key programming will run you between $30-$60 depending on how much greed the technician has. Some good technicians will do this job for free simply to make a customer happy so you may wish to call around.
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
fifty is cheap and should pay it because no else can program the remote because it must be done through the computer.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Manual Programming Procedure (non scan tool)
1. Connect pin 1 of the 16-way data link connector to chassis ground or to pin 4 of the 16-way data link connector.
2. Close all doors, turn ignition key to off.
3. Turn ignition key to Accessory.
4. Turn ignition to off, door locks will cycle once (in programming mode).
5. For each key FOB, press any button 3 times in a row to program code. When programming is complete, the door locks will cycle once.
IF A SECOND KEY FOB REQUIRES PROGRAMMING, IT MUST BE PROGRAMMED WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF PROGRAMMING
THE FIRST FOB PROGRAMMING. PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND FOB 3 TIMES TO PROGRAM ITS CODE. WHEN PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE.
6. The programming mode finishes after the following:
a. Programming of two key FOBS is completed.
b. One minute has passed since programming.
c. Pin 1 of 16-way data link connector is removed from ground connection.
d. Ignition switch is turned on.
e. Any of the doors are opened.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Note when entering program mode using that fob, all other programmed transmitters will be erased and you will have to reprogram them for your vehicle. Use the following procedure to program additional key fobs if the vehicle is not equipped with Sentry Key:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten yo belt to cancel any chiming that may confuse you
3. Place the key into the ignition turn to on pos. do not start
4. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on the key fob.
5. After holding the UNLOCK button for four seconds, also press the PANIC button within 6 seconds.
6 When a single chime is heard release both buttons. The chime is an indication that you have successfully entered program mode. All transmitters that are to be programmed must be done so within 60 seconds of when the chime was heard.
7. Using the fob to be programmed, press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneously for 2 seconds and them release.
8. Press and release the UNLOCK button a single chime will be heard,
9 Repeat steps 7 and 8 to program up to six additional transmitters.
10. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
11. Your vehicle will remain in program mode up to 60 seconds from when the original chime was heard. After 60 Seconds, all programmed transmitters function normally.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 30, 2014 | GMC Terrain Cars & Trucks
Apr 02, 2012 | 2002 Honda Civic
Oct 04, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Blazer
Oct 02, 2010 | Chevrolet Corvette Cars & Trucks
Apr 29, 2010 | 2004 Hyundai Tiburon
Mar 24, 2009 | 2003 Buick LeSabre
Feb 24, 2009 | 2000 Cadillac DeVille
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: