Question about 1999 Honda Civic
- Pull the hand brake and put transmission in neutral.
- Remove spark plug cords.
- Remove the spark plugs.
- Remove the Tappet cover
- Lift up the left front wheel.
Cylinder number 1 is toward the pulleys and belts side.
- Rotate the crankshaft anticlockwise with socket and extension rod and bring the valve tappets (intake and exhaust) No. 4 cylinder on dancing position.
NOTE: THERE ARE OTHER WAYS ALSO TO ADJUST THE FOUR VALVES AT A TIME. BUT AS DIY FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING METHOD TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION.
- Adjust the valve clearance of number 1 cylinder.
Intake 0.18 - 0.22 (cold) Exhaust 0.25 - 0.28 (cold)
- Rotate the crankshaft anticlockwise to bring the valves of cylinder 2 on dancing position and adjust the valves of No. 3 cylinder.
- Similarly rotate the crankshaft to bring the valves of No. 1 cylinder on dancing position and adjust the valves of No. 4.
- Rotate the crankshaft anticlockwise to bring the valves of cylinder No. 3 on dancing position and adjust the valve clearance of No. 2 cylinder.
Posted on Dec 29, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 06, 2016 | 2008 Volkswagen Polo Classic
Feb 19, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 26, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 10, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 02, 2014 | 1999 Isuzu Trooper
Apr 20, 2013 | 2006 Tata Indica LXi
Sep 17, 2011 | 1998 Volvo S90
Jan 29, 2011 | 1999 Volvo S70
Intake, 0.007-0.009 in (0.18-0.22mm).
Exhaust, 0.009-0.011 in. (0.23-0.27mm)
NOTE Adjust valves only when the cylinder head temperature is less than 100 degrees F.
Oct 04, 2010 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks
Mar 21, 2017 | 1999 Honda Civic
484 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!