How do I remove the windshield wiper motor from a Ford F-250?
2002 Ford F-250 Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Turn the ignition switch ON until the wiper blades are straight up, then turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the right-hand and left-hand windshield wiper arm and blade assemblies.
4. Remove the cowl top vent panels.
5. Detach the electrical hardness connector at the windshield wiper motor assembly.
6. Remove 3 wiper motor (module assembly) retaining bolts and remove the module assembly from the vehicle.
7. Remove the wiper linkage retaining bolt and remove the linkage from the wiper motor.
8. Remove 3 retaining nuts and remove the windshield wiper motor
9. Place the windshield wiper motor in position and install 3 retaining nuts. Tighten to 10-12 ft. lbs. (12-17 Nm).
10. Connect the wiper linkage to the windshield wiper motor and install the retaining bolt. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
11. Place the wiper motor (module assembly) in position and install 3 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 6 ft. lbs. (9Nm).
12. Install the electrical hardness connector to the windshield wiper motor.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
14. Allow the windshield wiper motor to cycle several times while checking for proper wiper motor operation.
15. Turn the windshield wiper motor to the OFF position to park the wiper motor in the park position.
16. Install the cowl top vent panels.
17. Install the wiper arm and blade assemblies. Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 22-29 ft. lbs. (30-40 Nm).
18. Connect the negative battery cable.
19. Check the windshield wiper motor for proper operation and the wiper arms for adjustment.
Nov 09, 2009 |
2002 Ford E250