Question about Acura TL
I have problem to link my fob, my dim show "customizing not available until linked to remote" still i can lock and unlock doors and trunk, but can't set my preferences.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
For the sliding doors you need to clean the contacts, there are 6 or 8 on both sides, just wipe them clean as they are probably covered in oil/grease/grime.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
SOURCE: key fob remote start issues
You need to get one that works on the same wide range frequency as the reciever in the car, and then it's a simple matter of opening both the new and old fobs, and matching the fine frequency settings by putting the little switches inside where they should be according to the old fob's switches. If there are no switches in the old fob, it's preset and there's not much you can do about it.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Retrain the fobs following the procedure in your owner's manual:
Once entering this procedure, programming the first transmitter erases all previous transmitters. You must program all transmitters.
Program one vehicle at a time. One transmitter could be programmed into other vehicles that are also on
program mode in close proximity.
1. Sit in the driver's seat.
2. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Close all vehicle doors.
4. Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch.
5. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. Do
not rotate the ignition lock cylinder.
6. Insert the ignition key a third time leaving the key in the ignition lock cylinder. The ignition must remain
in the LOCK position for the rest of the procedure.
7. Release the door lock switch. You will hear three chimes. This chime feedback indicates that transmitter
programming is active.
8. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for 12
seconds. You will hear two chimes. This chime feedback indicates that the transmitter has been
9. Repeat step 8 for the rest of the transmitters (for a total of 4 transmitters).
10. Exit this procedure by removing the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Posted on Apr 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2014 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Oct 16, 2012 | 1996 Acura RL
Jun 03, 2012 | Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Cars & Trucks
Sep 18, 2011 | 1998 Acura RL
Jan 28, 2011 | 2005 Acura RL
Sep 30, 2010 | 1999 Toyota Avalon
Jun 20, 2010 | 2005 Acura RL
Jun 10, 2010 | 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera
Sep 18, 2017 | Acura Cars & Trucks
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: