Question about 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
My sunroof only opens and closes sometimes, but will not completely close. It does not raise into place to fully seal.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This website shows it has manuals and online diagrams like that. Sometimes a dealer parts guy will run you a copy of a parts diagram. It is a 13 year old vehicle- a salvage yard may have something torn apart that you could see.
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
usually the only parts you can get is either the glass or module. even from a salvage yard. So knowing this look to replace the whole module. it can be expensive. the headliner must be dropped, wires disconnected drain tubes, and bolts removed. once new is installed it must be synced.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
SOURCE: ford f150 2001 supercrew cab
This vehicle sunroof can travel past its open point and gets stuck. you can lower the headliner and insert an hex key and crank the glass forward one inch then it will work again. Just don't let it go to far open or it can get stuck again. Also check the drain tray to make sure it is not out of place, if so you need new guides.
Posted on Jan 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2017 | 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
The control modules can communicate via the serial data link.
May 09, 2015 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
J 2772-C Headliner Installer
Feb 27, 2015 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix
Oct 23, 2014 | 1993 Buick Regal
Aug 11, 2014 | 2004 Nissan Armada
Mar 04, 2011 | 2004 Ford Taurus
May 23, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Jun 20, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: