Question about 1999 Ford Taurus
My 22re corona has lost half its power all of a sudden, iv replaced fuel pump and filter, spark plugs and the cat? need help asap?
Big sorry here but without my head under the bonnet i cannot help here ,could be anything or nothing so to speak ,cam sensor ,coil pack ,auto choke ,anything in fact so try asking a local mechanic to have a look for you
Posted on Apr 28, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: f350 no start
I have a feeling you got a wholed of unleaded fuel or bad fuel
I drive a diesel box truck the station I always took it to the fuelman put unleaded in the diesal tanks and the truck just died it had to have the gas tank completed drained and cleaned out but also ask yourself how many miles are on it and when was last tune up and if you live in a cold climate I recommend a heater block plug
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
have you done a reaaly good tune up on the car? I would suggest replaceing the idle air control valve first, the a really good set of plugs and wires. I would also reccomend that you check the fuel regulator to be certain it is getting the required vacum to operate the release valve and let the fuel flow back into the tank.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
on a lot of ford products there is a switch that goes from the fuel pump to the inside of one of the bedsides.
what this is, is a shock switch that turns the fuel pump off if it absorbs a hit.
its a really dumb safety feature but its effective.
there is a red button on it that u have to press to make it active again.
sometimes they just trip for no reason.
Posted on Jan 11, 2010
What engine code is stored in the computer? You may have a bad TPS (throttle postioning sensor), or a bad O2 sensor. Auto Zone can retrieve the code for you, and tell you what sensor it is related to.
Posted on Apr 24, 2010
Replace first, the fuel filter if this has not already been done. You may have a plugged filter, and these are very inexpensive. If this does not resolve the issue, locate the MAS (mass airflow sensor) located between the throttle body and the air filter housing. Start the car and let it idle normally; with a screwdriver handle or other such small tool, tap the mass airflow sensor (small black unit; will have a wiring harness hooked to the side of it); if the car dies, stalls, hesitates; first purchase MAS cleaner at the local auto parts dealer - specifically ask for Mass Airlflow Sensor Cleaner. It will should cost between 7-12 bucks - but you wont need the whole can - however, when using it: (if the car does not die, stall or hesitate and the idle stays the same, than the sensor is not bad) If it does however:
1. Remove the MAS (disconnect wiring harness) you may need to pull the top end of the air filter housing off.
2. Spray inside the sensor generously from both ends ensuring it's entirety is sprayed. Let stand for 15 minutes to airdry.
3. Re-install the sensor and start car. If there is still no improvement and the car hesistates, 1. Ensure the air filter as well is in good repair, and that there is nothing causing any air flow restriction between the airfilter and the throttle body.
4. If the airfilter is good, and there are no restrictions to air flow, consider replacing the MAS, however if you can get the car to the auto parts dealer, or to a technician (who may charge; auto parts dealers usually don't) have them run a diagnostics test on the car.
5. At this point, if cleaning the sensor has made no improvement, and the car stays idling, does not hesitate when tapping the sensor, the air filter is good, the fuel filter is good - then the next step is to replace the fuel pump.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Sep 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2013 | 1999 Saab 9-3
Mar 16, 2013 | 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
Aug 18, 2017 | Toyota Pickup Cars & Trucks
Mar 21, 2012 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 19, 2009 | 1989 Suzuki Swift
Jun 02, 2009 | 1994 Toyota Pickup
Jan 31, 2009 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Nov 13, 2008 | 1994 Toyota Pickup
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: