here is what i found on p1416.
P1416 Chevrolet - Secondary Air Injection System Bank 2
- Faulty Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump
- Secondary Air Injection check valve bank 2
- Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump electrical circuit fault
- Blocked Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system
When is the code detected?
The P1416 code is set when no O2 sensor voltage change is detected by the Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1416 Chevrolet Description
An Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump is used on this vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The PCM
supplies a ground to the AIR pump relay, which energizes the AIR pump.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) monitors the HO2S voltages to diagnose the AIR system.
During the AIR test the PCM
activates the AIR pump during closed loop operation. When the AIR is activated, the PCM
monitors the HO2S voltages and short term fuel trim values for both banks of the engine. If the AIR system is operating properly, the HO2S voltages should go low and the short term fuel trim should go high.