How can i make a tappet clearance of honda vtec 98
You will need a "tappet gauge/blade" and then here is what you have to do:
1. open engine head, its the cover of engine where HONDA is written.
2. Now jack up and one side of the car and put the car in 4th gear
3. Start from any one side, if the tappet is not in "UP" position then rotate the wheel (the jacked up side of car) and once the tappet moves up, stop there.
4. Loosen the nut of the tappet and put the tappet blade in between the tappet gap. Now using screw driver, tighten the tappet so that blade fits snugly between the gap and without moving anything (blade and screw driver) ask a helper to tighten the tappet nut finally.
5. Repeat above procedure for each tappet.
If you do it carefully, there will be no tappet sound at all.
May 09, 2011 |
Honda Civic Cars & Trucks