Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are some possibilities which you
will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2011 | 1999 Pontiac Sunfire
Dec 31, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Sunfire
Dec 30, 2010 | 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
Feb 16, 2010 | 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
Jan 25, 2010 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire
Oct 03, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
Aug 27, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
Apr 17, 2009 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: