Question about 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

Oil pan gasket replacement

I need to replace my oil pan gasket on my 1998 plymouth grand voyager 3.3L v6 and i need to know what needs to be done to replace it

Posted by on

  • nbenanti13 Mar 13, 2009

    the oil pan is exposed but 2 bolts are being covered by the transmission



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 31 Answers

It shouldn't be hard on that car as the oil pan is exposed. Unplug the oil plug and drain the oil. Then unbolt the oil pan, clean off the old gasket and replace. Make sure you scrape both the pan and the block clean thoroughly and then bolt back up. Don't forgot to replug the drain plug.

Posted on Mar 12, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need to replace motor and transmission mounts in a 1998 plymouth grand voyager 3.3l

so go change them. you may have to pull the lower cradle or lift the engine to change them. not an easy thing to do. the trany will be the easier one. when lifting understand the oil pans are not designed to be jacked and may break if you don't know what your doing. using an engine hoist and lift from secured lift points is required. you have the engine drop while you hands are going to get hurt. and you will have to remove parts to get to the bolts from the top and bottom and be able to remove the mounts.

Sep 17, 2017 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

I have a 1987 Plymouth voyager with a 3.0L V6 and I have a leak between the oil pump and the oil pan how can I fix it

It's probably the pan gasket so I would drop the pan and replace the gasket, bit first just check all the pan bolts and make sure they aren't just loose and causing the problem.

Aug 05, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replacing oil pump 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

Register for free at list make, model, year, and engine size of vehicle, or vehicles. The site has quite a lot of repair procedures that are vehicle-specific.

Oct 09, 2012 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

How to change oil pump on plymouth grand voyager

go to and sign up, put in your vehicles info and click on repair guides, they have oil pan remove and replace but no guide for the oil pump but its located in the oil pan and usually held on with 2 bolts and a gasket inside the pan, Tough job probably need someone with mechanical experience to help with this.

Apr 18, 2010 | 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager

3 Answers

Intermitten leaking transmission fluid. No slippage and so far no need of additional fuid. Sold it could be the computer part of the tranny

Hello roberta286,

I apologize for the delayed response in this matter as I am a full-time student and work full time as well.

I have recently scrapped a 98 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE. I had the problem of tranny leak, and it began to slip. After nearly a year of the van sitting, I finally had money and time to figure out the problem. First thinking it was the seal and/or torque converter, of which I purchased, I later found it was the transmission itself due to the leak (seal). I dropped the transmission pan to drain the fluid and found hand fulls of metal shavings.

I suggest having this seal replaced, and the transmission replaced. A brand new one, as I have priced them is around 3-5,000 dollars. I reman was about 1400 and a used 800. The only thing about going with reman or used is that you could very well end up with the same problem.

So here is what i suggest. Have the tranny fluid changed, the seal replaced, that pan gasket replace, and have the neutral safety switch checked. Also, take the van to a local parts store and have them run a diagnostics test on it, which will bring up codes for anything that may be wrong with the van (engine, tranny etc). Most parts stores will do this for free and only takes about 5-10 minutes.

Once this is done, start with the cheapest and smallest parts that may need replaced. Considering you are having a leak issue, I strongly suggest having the seal replaced, which will require the tranny fluid, pan gasket and filter replaced as well, since they will have to drain the pan to pull the tranny in order to replace the seal. Have the tranny flushed, and replace the torque converter.

Since the seal and converter were not used in my van, as I scrapped a few days ago; I have them still and would be willing to give them to you at less then half the cost of what I paid for them. I have an add on craigslist for them but have had no takers for them. They were never out of the box, so they are literally "brand new".

To contact me in the event you are interested in this option, please e-mail me at

If not that's fine too. I hope this information is helpful in fixing your van. I must say I miss my van, especially considering I paid $3000 cash for it, and it only had 89,000 miles when I bought, and 112,000 miles when I scrapped it, not to mention brand new parts all over.

Total I was out on this van including purchase price was about 3500 dollars. And when I scrapped out, I only got 374 bucks for it. Anyway, let me know how things go, and if you need any further advice or help with this.

Thank you,


Jan 18, 2010 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

I replaced an oil pan, but I have an extra bolt. I

I was missing a bolt on the motor mount bracket. Had to take the starter off again, my bad. I could not find a schematics for that area for my vehicle. I tried visiting sites that sell auto parts, some came close but none that showed what I needed. I just back tracked and I found the missing hole.

Nov 23, 2009 | 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

Oil leak

Take a look around the cam shaft position'll be on the end of the head.

Mar 12, 2009 | 1988 Plymouth Voyager

Not finding what you are looking for?
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Logo

565 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plymouth Experts


Level 3 Expert

77499 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8826 Answers

Are you a Plymouth Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides