My husband has a landrover freelander, cant lock the car
My husband has a landrover freelander, the problem we have is when we press the remote to lock the car up the alarm goes off .we can lock the car but the alarm goes off ,hence we cant lock the car can some one shed any light on this problem please asap
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: my husband has a landrover freelander, cant lock the...
First thing i would be checking is the door switches on each door if are broken or by removing switches to see if connection is broken or badly corroded also check bonnet & tailgate switches for same problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Programming a new Key
Replacing a missing master key is quite expensive from Land Rover, try not to get sucked into the extra cost of "Dealer coding" You can do this yourself in 2 minutes by following the simple process below.
1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).
2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the "unlock" button, press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button. (You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks.) Holding the key at your head level provides best results as the key sensor is in the side window pillar.
3) Repeat for each key you want to initialize within 30 seconds after the last one you initialized (if you have more).
4) Right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalize.