Question about Mercedes-Benz C230
How do I reprogram the key fob
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2002 montana program key fob
Key fobs tend to hold their code indefintely. The batteries in them are probably burnt. Open up one of the fobs and replace the battery (hearing aid type) then they should work fine. Good Luck!~
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Your key FOB is easily programmed by yourself without the need of computer, here is how: Push and hold the trip computer button on the left stalk, while holding the button turn the ignition ON and OFF several times untill you hear a confirmation tone from the glovebox area, when the tone is heard, release the button and remove the key from the ignition, immediately after push any button on the Key FOB and you'll hear another tone that confirms the programming.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
yes. you can program any number. put the key in the ignition push the lock button on your keyfob, pull th key out while holding down the lock button and press the unlock button 5 times. Your key is now reset and ready for use
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 27, 2013 | Mercedes-Benz C230 Cars & Trucks
the remote s faulty then key fob will not get programmed.
the key in ignition. Turn the key to on position, and cycle the key three times
off-on-off-on-off-on. Then with the key fob remote select your remote and then
try to operate the vehicle with remote.
are just the basic procedure, but sometimes it will not help.
that case dealer is the only option.
are few much related troubleshooting links mentioned below for remote key fob reprogramming.
I suggest you to go through the list and click the link below to go through its
details and procedure: -------
details will help.
Dec 04, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 24, 2010 | 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan
Dec 12, 2009 | Mercedes-Benz C230 Cars & Trucks
Nov 20, 2009 | 1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
Sep 15, 2009 | 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
836 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: