Question about 2004 GMC Envoy
Hello, on my 2004 GMC Envoy there is very little air coming from the front four vents. This is the case even if the fan is at maximum level. When in DEFROST mode, I can feel the air coming from the vents near the windshield, and the side window vents (on both sides), but when changing the mode to FRONT vent, I can barely feel the air coming out of the front four vents.
thanks in advance on any advise.
Try replacing the cabin air filter.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Check the vacume the one comes from the intake many fold through the the fire wall to central vacuum unti some it burns from heat of the of the engine, or maybe you have a plugged cabin filter
Posted on Jul 07, 2013
I had a similar issue. Air would only blow out of defrost vents after I replaced my battery. But this worked for me:
1) Unplug HVAC fuse for 10-30 seconds
2) Start truck
3) A/C comes out defrost - wait about 10 to 15 secs
4) A/C then starts coming out the floor vents for about 5 seconds
5) A/C then starts coming out the dash vents.
6) While the A/C is coming out the dash vents, turn A/C OFF (otherwise it cycles back to defrost for good).
7) Turn truck OFF
8) Restart truck and it should work fine
(Found solution on another forum from user "ccurran")
Posted on Mar 07, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2011 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Sep 28, 2011 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Jul 19, 2011 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Jul 11, 2011 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Jun 20, 2011 | 2004 GMC Envoy
May 31, 2011 | 2005 GMC Envoy
Jul 23, 2009 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Sep 21, 2008 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Feb 22, 2016 | 2004 GMC Envoy
1,990 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!