Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

If there is a 30% chance of incurring a loss of $200k and a 20% chance of a #150k loss plus a 50% chance of no loss at all what is the probable total loss?

The possible losses might occur during the period of a contract lasting from March to November

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Cars & Trucks Master
  • 2,122 Answers

Hi John, I think the fact that there is a chance of a thirty percent of 200,000 If you have a family I would not take it. On the other hand if you are alone and have no responsibilities, go for it! By the way this a motor vehicle problem solving and help website. Regards John

Posted on Apr 21, 2013

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

alicantecoli
  • 22095 Answers

SOURCE: ford focus 54 tdci 1.8

pull the pipe off the valve that connects the exhaust to the inlet manifold

Posted on Dec 06, 2008

  • 2920 Answers

SOURCE: Loss of PS fluid, Slipping Transmission, Loss of Tranie fluid

the whine is from the power steering pump...you probably have a split line that needs replaced..

Posted on Jan 04, 2009

rockitman187
  • 2559 Answers

SOURCE: 1999 Ford F 350 7.3 blowing white smoke

Check the EGR and the fuel pressure regulator.These are very common culprits.

Posted on Jan 10, 2009

rockitman187
  • 2559 Answers

SOURCE: Periodic power loss to ignition on 2000 Tundra.

Check the connections on the battery,It sounds like one or both may be loose.

Posted on Jun 02, 2009

  • 13 Answers

SOURCE: 01 olds alero troubles keep the car running during driving

Is the trac off? If so that could be the problem does the car shake when stopped at light? or struggle to go for green light? check all tires are they all same size? if tires are low or at different pressure it will put the hole car off balance and the trac will go off and stay of witch will give you false transmission problems am I close let me know and I can see what else I can tell you

Posted on Jul 24, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

No temp display on heater in a 2009 jeep grand Cherokee where it should be is totally black put lights still come on around controls and heater doesn't work


I know the last thing you want to do is take in in to the dealer but in this case its probably the best idea to get it repaired properly. If you insist on going it alone, you can always buy another HVAC control on eBay or somewhere like that and replace it. 50/50 chance it will fix it.

Nov 29, 2014 | 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Gauges very low and loss of performance


Thats awful. hows the battery? Loss of performance? Check the cat. Clogged cats really bog down engines. Being that old, its probably time. I usually see cats go bad around 150k-200k miles.

Dec 08, 2013 | 1997 Pontiac Bonneville

1 Answer

I have a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee with 169,000 miles. The manufacture only has recomended matienence up to 150,000 that I can find online or on the user manual. How do you figure out what matienence is do,...


I'm going to start by saying the life expectancy of your Jeep is around 200k. So after 150k maintenance is not a big deal to the manufacturer.
If you start over on maintenance at 100k you have a 50/50 chance of the truck lasting beyond 200k. There will be issues come up that are not covered in the first 100k due to old age, such as suspension and transmission problems. Those problems can not be avoided by routine maintenance.

May 30, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How much does a tune-up for a 2011 Nissan Sentra cost?


Very strange question for a test. Every region is different, and tune-ups went the way of rotary phones back in the early 1990s. Today's cars only have filters and spark plugs that would be considered part of a tune-up and the plugs can last up to 100,000 miles now.
You probably should call a local garage to get a realistic price - 4 spark plugs and an air filter plus labor at $50 per hour would probably total $100 with tax.

Jun 24, 2012 | 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0

1 Answer

Transmission sticking in 1987 dodge diplomat. should I get another transmisson for is there something I can do with this one?


Yes, have someone drain all fluid and change trans. fluid and clean trans. filter screen its probably over 50% plugged. i had same problem. wasn't shifting properly and sometimes wouldn't shift into high gear causing loss of fuel mileage on highway and running at higher rpm then it should The filter is metal i believe and can be cleaned out. whatever the shop recomends. anyway took care of the problem. That was at Tires Plus for me.

Feb 24, 2011 | 1987 Dodge Diplomat

3 Answers

Loud knocking coming from the bottom end and now loss of power sludge build up i have changed oil normal every 2500-3000 miles with synthetic and slick fifty.


the engine probably has a bad bearing in it.oil sludge can be caused by short trip driving,overheating,pluged crank case vent or pcv system not working.the power loss due to the computer retarding ignition timeing due to the knock sensor producing a signal from the engine knock.regardless an ongine ocerhaul or replacement is neede.
but first make sure that the bell housing bolts,torque converter bolts are all tight.
make sure the knock isnt from the catalytic converter
check for dents in the oil pan
check engine accessorys for noise such as water pump.power steering pump,alternator,a/c compressor.and all attachment bolts

Apr 04, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

What is the average cost to repair a blown head gasket on a 1999 Ford Expedition having a 4.6 liter engine?


if you do it yourself, the gasket it probably like 50, intake gasket 30 , plus new head bolts, anywhere from 5-10 dollars each. if the head needs resurfacing its like 50, plus valve job is 140, --

the average, if you do it your self is about 500-

now if you have block damage, or severe head damage, that cost will go up significantly, and i dont know why you are replacing your head gasket or i could help you out with the price better.. leave a comment and i will answer your questions if you want.

if you take it to a dealer, it will be anywhere from 1500average to 3000 and up for significant damage..

why are you replacing head gasket?

Mar 30, 2010 | 1999 Ford Expedition

2 Answers

I have a knock in the engine the mechanic said that it is because no oil pressure. He said the new oil pump should fix it. But isn't the engine ruined because it ran with no oil for a min . He said its a...


An engine is usually not permanently damaged by running without oil for a minute or two. They are often run with no oil pressure for 10-15 seconds every time the oil is changed. It's never really good to run them without oil, but it doesn't usually hurt them if it's only a minute or two. Hydraulic lifters, however, do pump out quickly and make A LOT of noise. If the oil pump fixes the oil pressure problem, you should be fine. Obviously I can't guarantee it, but if it was only a minute, I'd give it much better than a 50/50 chance -- I'd say it is probably more like a 95% chance you'll be fine.

Nov 25, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu

1 Answer

My car is overheating for some reason. I got an oil change the other day, and as soon as i got it, it started to run hot. I have a 4.6L V8 with at least over 200K.


First look for signs of coolant leakage at the water pump, radiator hoses, thermostat, transmission coolant lines, and intake gasket. If you're leaking at the water pump replace it. If you have no coolant loss check to see if your coolant fan is coming on. If all is fine then you probably have a faulty thermostat. If it still overheats you may have a blocked radiator core.

Jul 13, 2009 | 1995 Mercury Cougar

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75066 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22095 Answers

Randy Ohler

Level 3 Expert

14585 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...