Thermostat? engine cooling?
2 engines, here, LYA adn LY7.
nobody here posts engine, why do that?
so ill post only for 1.
here are the steps.
NO FSM Sux huh? nor an alldata.com account, why not that? 15 bucks?
Remove the air cleaner and duct assembly. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls - 3.4L.
Drain the coolant until the coolant level is below the thermostat. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling (Refer To List 1) .
Remove the crossover exhaust pipe. Refer to Exhaust Crossover Pipe Replacement (Refer To List 2) in Engine Exhaust.
Remove the radiator hose from the thermostat housing.
Remove the thermostat housing bolts and clean any sealer from the bolt threads.
Remove the thermostat housing and gasket.
next is crossover page.
Disconnect the battery ground (negative) cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection (Refer To List 1) in Engine Electrical.
Remove the throttle body air inlet duct.
Drain the coolant from the cooling system. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling (Refer To List 2) in Engine Cooling.
Remove the inlet radiator hose from the engine. Refer to Radiator Inlet Hose Replacement (Refer To List 3) in Engine Cooling.
Remove the thermostat bypass pipe. Refer to Thermostat Bypass Pipes Replacement in Engine Cooling.
Remove the exhaust crossover heat shield bolts.
Remove the exhaust crossover heat shield.
- Remove the exhaust crossover pipe studs/nuts.
- Remove the exhaust crossover pipe.
end , remove.
now the bypass pipe FWD cars SUCK
- Disconnect the left engine mount strut from the engine.
- Remove the heater hose from the bypass pipe.
- Remove the thermostat bypass pipe to throttle body nut.
- Use the J 38185 in order to remove the thermostat bypass pipe hose clamps (1,5).
- Remove the thermostat bypass pipe to cylinder head nut (3).
- Remove the thermostat bypass pipe bolt (4).
- Remove the thermostat bypass pipe hose.
- Remove the thermostat bypass pipe.
why not log in to alldata.com
read the page then ask ques tons that are not clear.
and next time post the engine type.
above is just 1 engine.