JUST AQUIRED A FORD ESCORT 99 T REG,, NONE OF THE DOORS ON THE CAR LOCK FROM USE OF THE KEYS ,, EXCEPT THE DOOR THAT THE KEY IS LOCKING THE DOOR WITH... I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CENTRAL LOCKING ON THE CAR,, DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE IS....
I HAVE CHECKED FUSE BOX UNDER STEERING WHEEL , BUT WHERE THE FUSE SHOULD BE ACCORDING TO DIAGRAM THERE IS NO FUSE,,,,
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: CENTRAL LOCKING ON 99 T REG FORD ESCORT
Some of the Escorts do not have central locking. If the keys open both front doors, the hatch and fit the ignition then I would not worry too much about it. You may find that you also have a hatch release catch at the side of the drivers seat also. I trust this information helps you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
(door lock actuator)all doors have one in them, they weeken, and sometimes work to open, and some times to lock, or not at all. only fix is to replace each of them as they go out, usually cost abt 20 to 40 bucks a piece
It's unlikely you can rectify this problem by playing around with the CL system so you will need to take it to the dealer or auto electrician to fix. In any event you should be able to manually lock all passenger doors on the vehicle from inside the car and the drivers door from outside with the key.
Before you take the car to the auto shop to fix the CL system try this if you have not already.
1. Manually lock - then manually unlock - all doors (except the driver's door) from inside the car and make sure they are fully shut.
2. Then manually lock all doors a 2nd time except the driver's door.
3. Hit the lock button on your car key pad to activate the central locking system. This should lock the drivers door but with the fault it probably won't. Wait a few seconds then hit unlock on your key pad. Wait again and then hit lock once more. If it will not lock all doors you know what to do next.
central locking on my 93 corsa with standard key, not electronic type as used on later models, all doors are locked and refuse to open, ive checked fuse and thats ok, doors refuse to open from inside the vehicle and from outside, only the tailgate will open from the key, any ideas ,,, thanks dave
Are you talking about the key cylinder or the electric lock button? If you are talking about the key,you need to remove the door panel and watch the lock rod move up and down. There is a plastic clip that pops open or breaks from age. If you are talking about the electric lock, will the passenger door lock move when you press the lock button on the drivers door? Does the passenger door make a grunt noise when trying to lock/unlock?