Question about 2000 Ford Focus
I have a 1997 seat alhambra petrol. There is no spark and I am told the key requires re-programming to dissarm the immobilizer. How can I do this?
I don't know if re-programming is the answer but any Seat/VW main dealer can do this for you. Trouble is they will change you for a few minutes work!! However, if your key is the sort that i have for my Alhambra (chunky one) then if you follow these instructions then it should work.
How to reprogram the C/L remote control key fob
1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.
6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).
7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.
For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.
"Make sure that to test the newly program remotes, the original key is removed from the ignition. Someone might be a bit frustrated trying to test it with it still in 'program' mode."
Hope it works for you!
All the best, RobboArsenal
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
If you have the other spare key try that does it work if not you are looking at geting a locksmith or going to the dealer keep in mind no matter who reprograms it has to be done with both keys
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2014 | Seat Ibiza Cars & Trucks
Jul 21, 2014 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 1.9
Jul 06, 2014 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 1.8
Nov 11, 2013 | 2005 Seat Alhambra 2.0
Jan 19, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 28, 2010 | 1997 Ford Probe
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!