short answer: bar room.
remove both ends, it's out.
my guess, is the console end has you , wondering>?
remove it. and worry no more.
long tech answer (see alldata.com
the is covered in the FSM.
and varies by model and sub model as they can have different consoles and can vary by country.
some cars the car seats need to come out. to get to console screws.
but not this car.
the USA spec.car has clips (pull em) and screws.
top down. the beverage holder has screws, the other parts pull up
and clips pop out, the center console box has a rug and clips under there. we just pull them off, by using a plastic pry lever.
here is a quote.
Remove the center console as follows.
- If equipped with manual transaxle, remove the shifter knob
- Detach the center console retaining clips and pull the assembly upward
- If equipped with heated seats, detach the heat switch connectors
- Pry up on the right side of the console pocket, detach the clips and remove the pocket
- Remove the screws, detach the clips and disconnect the front power accessory connector
- Open the console lid and remove the console mat
- If equipped, disconnect the rear accessory power socket electrical connector
- Remove the console retaining screws and remove the console from the vehicle.
usually the cable goes into a boxed in area, below the shifter
with seals to keep exhaust out or car. so below the shiter
on and automatic car, the cable attaches to the bottom of the shifting
lever. a clip hold is in place the cable.
if car is M/T (stick) then say so. i posted above due to 90% being A/T
now my question, why not say reason for this. symptoms.
this cable almost never fails.