Question about 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
My radio displays "88.3, the word volume, and FM1". I cannot use any functions. But "Safe" never comes up to allow me to enter a code. I changed my battery a week before this happened. Any clue as to what else it could be?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
heres what u do , switch radio on , safe appears in radio display , followed by 1000 approximately 3 seconds later , input the security code found on the radio card using the station preset buttons on the radio , Button 1 corresponds to the first number in the security code , 2 is the second and so on . press the applicable button repeatedly until the desired number appears in the display , ( press button 1 three times if the first number is 3 ), when the entire code has been input and appears on the display , press the right side of the seek button for longer than 2 seconds until an audible signal is heard , ,,, if you do not get this procedure correct , in 2 attempts , the radio will lock up for 1 hour before you can try again .. if this happens , leave the radio on for minimum 1 hour without touching it , after that time you may try again ..
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
SOURCE: my vw radio is in safe mode
you will have to leave radio turned on with the ignition on for a hour or so at least.best thing is lock the car with your spare key on leave on the ignition while its on your drive.....eventually it will display code again.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
SOURCE: vw golf .... alpha...... safe 2
"2 safe" means that your radio was in safe mode, and then the code was improperly entered 2 times. you either need to disconnect your battery and leave it for up to 4 hours (i've been told), or leave your key in the ignition for around an hour.
once it comes out of "2 safe" mode, then it will just say SAFE and give you the numbers 1-0-0-0. You just need to enter the 4 digit code (using your pre-set numbers 1-2-3-4 to change the numbers), then hold the seek > button and your radio should come on.
If you don't have the code, call VW. they'll find your code for free. they did for me. if not they'll charge like $50 or something.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | Audi Quattro Cars & Trucks
Jan 21, 2013 | 1993 Audi 100
Oct 27, 2011 | 2001 Audi A6
You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi Concert radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer!
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of programming for a 2002 Audi TT Concert radio is:
1. Simultaneously push "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then simultaneously push again "SCAN" and "RDS" keys to confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed.
The radio is now ready to use!
Audi Delta CC Radio
Please perform the following procedures while the car is parked. Otherwise you risk getting into an accident while your attention is not focused on the driving. Entering anti-theft code The following is the procedure to re-activate the radio if the display shows "SAFE". It is important that the procedure be followed in the correct order.
Oct 14, 2011 | 2001 Audi TT
Oct 05, 2011 | 2001 Audi A4
Aug 11, 2010 | 1996 Audi A4
Mar 29, 2010 | 1997 Audi A4
Oct 21, 2008 | 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio
Oct 03, 2008 | 2000 Audi TT
Jun 07, 2008 | 1998 Audi A4
304 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: