I have a 2002 Jetta, and just recently my keyless entry remote has stopped working. It won't unlock or lock the doors. Is this bc it's broken, or do I need to replace the battery (and if so, how do I replace the battery?)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello: To resynchronize the keyless entry close all doors, key out of ignition. Hold lock and unlock buttons till the doors (all) lock then unlock. If the transmitter still doesn't work you have other problems. Go to auto zone they can check your transmitter to see if it is working.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Programming Electronic Door Lock Control System
NOTE: The electronic door lock control processor (14B001) erases all
previous keyless entry remote transmitter (15K601) from memory when the keyless
entry remote transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The electronic door
lock control processor can store up to four keyless entry remote transmitters in
To program (or reprogram) keyless entry remote transmitter into the
electronic door lock control processor, perform the following steps:
Turn ignition switch to the RUN position and momentarily short the two
terminals of the program connector taped to the wire assembly and located behind
the glove compartment. All doors should lock and then unlock. Remove shorting
Press any button on keyless entry remote transmitter. All doors should lock
and then unlock to verify the keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times
maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter).
Repeat the above step to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters
into the electronic door lock control processor (up to four keyless entry remote
Turn ignition switch OFF. All doors should lock and then unlock.
1. Press LOCK button 5
times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize remote. 2. Insert key into the ignition switch. Turn ignition
to the RUN position (as far as you can go without cranking
engine). Wait for ignition chimes to stop.
3. Using the working remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the
remote for 4 to 10 seconds. 4. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue
pressing the UNLOCK button and then press the PANIC button ( on the programmed remote ) for 1 second and
release both buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote
programming mode has been entered ( allow 3 seconds for chime to sound
). 5. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the
LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously then press and release just the
UNLOCK button on the same remote. A chime will sound indicating the
remote has been programmed. Press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons
simultaneously and then press the UNLOCK button on each new remote you
wish to program at this time. Locks will cycle after
each additional remote is programmed. 6. Turn the ignition OFF and remove
key. 7. Test Remotes.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
It took me a few attempts to program a new keyless remote for my 2002 Chevy Blazer. Insert key into ignition but don' turn it yet. While holding down the UNLOCK switch on the door, the trick is to cycle the ignition ON OFF ON OFF as quickly as possible then release the UNLOCK switch. If done correctly the door locks will cycle 1x to acknowledge. Then hold both the unlock and lock buttons down on the remote for about 15 seconds. The locks should cycle again to confirm...Hope this helps.