Question about 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country

2 Answers

Where is the neutral safety switch located on a 2002 jeep grand cherokee 4x4

Posted by on

  • Anonymous May 03, 2009

    changed fuel pump still doesnt start

  • mike ryner
    mike ryner May 11, 2010

    What size engine do you have that way i can tell which trans you have.



2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Jeep Master
  • 6,982 Answers

Check on the left side of trans at opposite end of shaft that attaches to linkage. (switch has about 7 or 8 wires) OR if Chrysler trans, check on left rear of trans case above corner of trans pan.(has 3 wires)

Posted on Mar 10, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 475 Answers

Check above the tranny pan on the drivers side.

Posted on Mar 10, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Location of neutral safety switch

a/t (automatic)
is the PRNDL switch on the side of the trans. the N part, does that.

Sep 15, 2014 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Bypass neutral switch

fix the problem with the neutral switch ( probably just adjustment or replacement) as it is a safety requirement to keep the vehicle roadworthy.

Aug 26, 2014 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Location neutral switch

ok steve.
what transmisison. ? r?
on the A/T there is on the side of all these, a shifter rod.
and on that end of rod is the PRNDL, "prindle" switch.
this switch tells the TCM what gear your in
and to glow the reverse lights.
and to prevent shifting out of park , if the brakes are not applied.
called park lock out.

use google image to see 10,000 photos of it.
or more.
here it is

or read the FSM.
page 8w31-5 and others, one for starter kill and on for reverse.
see index there. for neutral switch.
good luck.

Apr 23, 2014 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 Answers

Back up lights don't work see them start when going in neutral but lose when in reverse. 1997 jeep Cherokee country 4x4

Neutral Safety switch out of adjustment or defective, located on shift linkage LEFT side of transmission.

May 17, 2011 | 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country

1 Answer

My 1995 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 will just shut off when i am driving. have to put it in nutral to start it some times. doesnt always start.

You have a possible fuel or crank position sensor problem, or the ignition switch is going bad. You need to do some testing before replacing are not cheap so make sure you are replacing the correct ones. If you need to select neutral to start at a standstill, the neutral safety switch may also be bad, but that shouldn't turn it off after it's started.

Jul 17, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 Answers

2004 Jeep Grand Chrokee Neutral Safety Switch Location

The switch is on the transmission..It is usually a dealer item but you can get one from for about 1/4 of what the dealers charge.

Mar 26, 2009 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Where is Neutral Safty Sensor Switch located on 93 Grand Cherokee

side of trans under shift linkage on post that comes out of trans
price $233


Feb 17, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country

2 Answers

Where is Neutral safty sensor switch located on Grand Cherokee

OK then the switch is part of the gear selector switch on the side of the trans where the shift linkage hooks up. here is a picture and part number.
ACDELCO Part # C2241 $233.89


Feb 17, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country

Not finding what you are looking for?
1994 Jeep Cherokee Country Logo

291 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jeep Experts


Level 3 Expert

77499 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Kevin Daniels

Level 3 Expert

1455 Answers

Are you a Jeep Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides