a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Follow these steps to unlock your GM Delco Radio: 1. Turn the ignition ON (The Delco radio displays "LOC" or "INOP").
A. If your radio says "INOP" then you have entered too many wrong codes. You will need to run the vehicle for one hour or turn the key into the ON position for one hour before you can proceed to Step 2.
2. Looking at the face of your GM Delco radio, hold down the preset buttons 1&4 or 2&3 for approximately 10 seconds. The radio display changes from "LOC" to a three-digit number. Write this number down.
3. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
4. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 2 and the last three digits are from STEP 3, you will have a number like this (612-622).
A. NOTE: Saturn and GEO vehicles will only display a four-digit number. The fourth digit will be displayed half the size of the first three digits. Example: 2193.
shouldnt have to pay notify a chevy dealer in person for code most dealers wont deal with a code problem over phone they dont charge for the code due to the fact that a dead battery can also lock out the radio system into the anti-theft mode
First you need to get a number code from the radio. Hit the number 2 and 3 preset buttons at the same time, after 5-10 second a 2 or 3 digit number will appear. Write down then hit the am/fm button for the 2nd half of the number. Once you have it call GM, 1-800-537-5140, when prompted hit 102107*, the automated voice will ask for the code previously gotten for the radio . (ie; 123456*) It will then give the 3 or 4 digit unlock code. Note this is for Delco radios on Chevrolets. I'm guessing there is a different prompt for radios on other GM divisions.
Search the net for "Delco unlock codes" OR "Delco security codes" you should easily find a set of instructions telling you to get a code from your radio and then call an 800 number. Follow these instructions. This will give you the factory unlock code for your stereo. Worked for me and for heaven sakes don't pay anybody for this information - it's free.