Question about 1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
My remote control dose not start the car lock or unlock i changed the battery still not working,is there any thing i can do by my self
Posted on Apr 05, 2011
It could also be a low/weak voltage on the main battery. I was experiencing similar problems (seats too) and now they are gone.
Posted on Jan 18, 2010
You may need to replace the battery inside the key it self
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
Sometimes its more then the battey.take the battery out and clean the contacts.with some fine sand paper
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition cylinder but do not turn it.
3. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door.
Hold until instructed to release in step 6.
4. Remove key from ignition and then insert key into ignition without turning ignition cylinder and remove key.
5. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition.
6. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel.
A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode.
7. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds.
A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful.
8. Repeat step 7 if you are programming additional remotes.
9. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
NOTE: If you are having trouble getting this procedure to work, we have found that some vehicles need step 3 to be done before step 2.
Did you make sure to pull the key out after the procedure? This closes the "programming mode".
Mar 14, 2012 | 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Apr 30, 2011 | Nissan Armada Cars & Trucks
Apr 24, 2010 | 1998 BMW 7 Series
Aug 20, 2009 | Mitsubishi Diamante Cars & Trucks
Aug 14, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Aug 11, 2009 | 2005 Toyota Corolla
Aug 04, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Camry
Apr 07, 2009 | 1998 BMW 5 Series
Nov 28, 2008 | 1998 Audi A6
Aug 31, 2008 | 1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
807 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: