Question about 2001 Volkswagen Golf
My 2002 volkswagon beetle recently had it's battery changed.
since then my monsoon radio has been locked because of anti-theft.
i have the code to unlock the car and know how to enter the digits.
BUT i do not know how to 'enter' the code once the digits have been entered. that part of my manual (of course) is not with the rest. if anyone knows how to fix this problem... i'd be so thankful!
I found this on another site, I take no credit for it, but perhaps it may help you
If you know the TheftLock code that was used on the radio then you can use the following instructions from the owner's manual:
Quote: Unlocking the Theft-Deterrent Feature After a Power Loss
Enter your secret code as follows; pause no more than 15 seconds between steps:
1. Turn the ignition on. LOC will appear on the display.
2. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
3. Press MIN again to make the last two digits agree with your code.
4. Press HR to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.
5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is
now operable and secure.
If you enter the wrong code eight times, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait an hour with the ignition on before you can try again. When you try again, you will only have three more chances (eight tries per chance) to enter the correct code before INOP appears. If you don't know the code then you'll have to use the procedure that a dealer would use to unlock the radio:
Quote: 1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed
2. Write the numbers down.
3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers
4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 06010, press the * button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.
5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press the minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on the radio
To remove the code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
NormALLY WHEN YOU PUT THE RADIO ON IT SHOULD HAVE MARK CODE OR LOCK ENTER OUR CODE MANUALLY BY PRESSiNG the preset digit when code in radio should start pierre
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2016 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Sep 09, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Sep 19, 2014 | 2009 Volkswagen Beetle
Mar 28, 2012 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Jan 22, 2011 | 2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible
Jun 13, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
May 11, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
Sep 30, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Sep 18, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Golf
Jul 14, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
512 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: