Radio and cigarette lighter quit working in 96 accord
My radio and cigarette lighter quit working in my 96 accord. I purchased this used and do not have a manual. Where is the fuse box and will I be able to tell which fuse belongs to the radio and lighter?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Radio: 7.5A FUSE 2 in the driver's underdash fuse/relay box.
Lighter: Battery power passes through 100A FUSE 41 and 50A FUSE 42 in the underhood fuse/relay box, then passes through the 15A CIGARETTE LIGHTER INLINE FUSE and closed contacts of the cigarette lighter relay to the cigarette lighter. With the ignition switch in the ON or ACC position, 12 volts is applied through 7.5A FUSE 8 in the driver's underdash fuse/relay box to the coil of the cigarette lighter relay.
To use your cigarette lighter in your car, you will usually push it in until it pops out. This varies based on vehicle types.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Super MB STAR C3
I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard "All fuses are OK" or "I already checked the fuse" or "I know it's not the fuse"....I'd be a rich man!
When cigarette lighters quit working, 99% of the time the fuse is blown because someting got plugged into it like a defective phone charger. The other 1% of the time, it is because the lighter element is burned out or somebody essed with the wires to the cigarette lighter trying to install some kind of aftermarket equipment.
Humor me and check Fuse #9 (20 Amp) in the passenger side fuse and relay box.
you could be lucky and the fuse blew, and it could be a burned wire, check the fuse panel and replace the fuse if blown, if it blows again you have to fix the wires, and possible the cigarette lighter if it got damaged
I'm sorry if this sounds a little too vague, but when the exact same thing happened to our Accord, my husband handled it and I wasn't really involved. Someplace you should have a card (It's either in with your papers if you bought the car new or if you bought it used, hopefully the last owners left in the glovebox or ? .) that has a 'security code' on it for 'resetting' the radio, etc. (There's some sort of an auto-shut-off in case someone is trying to steal your radio, etc..). When you follow the directions on the card and punch-in the numbers, it automatically resets and the radio and lighter* come back on (*BTW, I'm not sure if our lighter ever went out...??). If you can't find the card, then you'll have to go into a Honda dealership (They will NOT give out the # over the phone!) and by using your VIN they can look-up your #, although I don't know if they charge for this service or not. Hope this is of some help to you! BEST OF LUCK!
There is blown fuse check fuse panel on the left side kick panel . check all the fuses in that fuse box with a fuse tester some circuits are linked together. it may not only be the cigarette lighter and radio fuse that control those items. Double check all fuse with a fuse tester or a test light with the ignition ON. Good luck and thanks for using FIX YA