Question about 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
I opened my 2004 Chevy Tahoe Sunroof, is stuck open moves slightly forward and back when the button is pressed but will not close.
It sounds like it just needs to be reinitialized. Turn your key to the on position with motor off and hold the up/full vent button down for at least 30 seconds or until your sunroof either clicks or goes to the full vent position. That should fix your problem.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2017 | Oldsmobile Cars & Trucks
on Jul 11, 2011 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 08, 2016 | 2003 Citroen C5
May 14, 2014 | 2006 Jaguar S-Type
Mar 28, 2012 | 2007 Lexus RX 350 FWD
May 21, 2011 | 1997 Mercury Mountaineer
Oct 26, 2009 | 2004 Mitsubishi Galant
Aug 21, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mar 28, 2017 | 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
3,719 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: