01 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Power windows stop working, top computer stop computing, auto light stop working, inside lights stay on, alarm locals and opens but does not work, basically inside electronic has stop working as well as the AC. I had changed the computer that is mounted on the back of the fuse panel things started to work once more but after two day it seen that it has taken the computer again. What could be causing this issue?
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your best bet is to check on eBay for an adapter - the Asians make all sorts of stuff for cars now & i'm sure there is an adapter out there suited for your purposes. P.S. It may sound silly but are you sure you are using the actual cigarette lighter socket & Not a power outlet socket that many cars are now fitted with as standard?, my phone charger fits the cigarette socket but not the power outlet?, you never know?
sounds like you may have melted the ignition switch and it is just partly working. (i have done this myself before) it is located on the lower part of the steering column you maybe able to use a mirror and a flash light to see if it is melted. ( mine was, but the jeep still started) the switch will have a few wires running to it also a metal rod that comes down the column from the key switch. (please rate this if it help Thank you)
Most likely you have something metallic that entered/fell inside one of the cigarette lighters.
I once found a dime inside a cigarette lighter which my children assured me was placed there by a shadowy personage named "Notme". Go figure.
While the fuse is REMOVED, look inside each lighter with a flashlight and remove the foreign material.
If you find nothing inside the lighters, disconnect them all from the electrical system by removing the single wire attached to the rear of the lighters. Replace the fuse.
Alternately, you can disconnect them one at a time, replacing the fuse after each one. You may need a few fuses for this.
If the fuse blows after ALL the lighters are disconnected, you have a wiring short circuit which is best diagnosed by a professional.
If the fuse does not blow, begin reconnecting the lighters until you see a spark, or the fuse blows again. This is the faulty lighter, replace it and your problem is solved.
Note: You cannot get shocked or electrocuted by your car's 12 Volt system but you can be burned by heavy sparking. You can reduce the risk of heavy sparking by using a lower-rated fuse during the testing. Wear saftey goggles and latex gloves for safety.
I do not have a diagram for this but : Lighter outlets are a "high draw" item which will be served by a circut breaker, not a regular fuse. Circut breakers are small silver plug in items found on your fuse panel. Both units may be on different lines also because of "HI draw". I'ts also not really difficult to make a new circut for this, to add outlets where you need them, or to replace missing ones.
Cell phone chargers commonly blow the fuses at the power points. It seems that our charger adaptors do not match the socket properly, and the positive part of the charger hits the negative of the socket, resulting in a blown fuse. If you have a charger, and it works, leave it in the socket. Don't take it with you. Repeated insertions of the adaptor to the socket magnifies this issue.