Lift your Hyundai Santa Fe using a jack and then place the car on jack stands. If you don't have jack stands, drive the car onto a set of wheel ramps.
Pop the hood and remove the dipstick and oil filler cap. The dipstick is near the front engine compartment with the oil filler nearby.
Gather an oil drip pan, a 17-mm wrench, oil filter wrench, cleaning cloths and a new oil filter. Slide under your Santa Fe.
Change the Oil
- Locate the oil filter and oil drain plug underneath the car. The drain plug is on the bottom of the oil pan, and the filter is to the side of the oil pan.
- Remove the oil drain plug using the 17mm wrench. Pull the plug out quickly and let the oil drain for 10 to 15 minutes. Check the gaskets and threads for damage. Replace these components, if necessary.
- Take off the oil filter using an oil filter wrench. Dump the old oil into the oil drip pan and put on the new oil filter. Tighten the oil filter by hand, and then replace the oil drain plug using the wrench. Clean off the excess oil.
- Go under the hood and add oil. Turn on the engine and check the oil pressure gauge to make sure it rises. Let your Santa Fe run for a minute.
- Lower your Hyundai Santa Fe and turn off the engine. Take an oil reading on the dipstick. If the oil level isn't at full, add a bit more oil.
Kinldy rate the answer