Mine is a 1992 mustang gt it started with not starting just cranking . when i turned the key on the fuel pump runs all the time before i would turn on the key and you could hear the fuel pump come on and go off untill i started cracking the motor now runs all the time car will not run or start please can anyone help
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Need to find out if there is spark while cranking first. Check at the coil wire first then at a plug wire.If there is spark at the coil and not at the plug the fault is the rotor or dist. cap.If there is no spark at all,suspect the ign. module. If there is good spark move on to the fuel pressure check.It needs about 40 lbs. to run.
You ran the car out gas and there's air in the system.. Not the Throttle Body..
Expel the air from the system..
1. Raise/Support your hood..
2. Turn your key to the ign position, (listen for the fuel pump to come on)..
3. Go to the fuel rail(s) and press the Schrader Valve, (looks like a tire air valve), until only fuel comes out.. (use safety gear, especially for eyes)
4. Rinse/Collect excess fuel before cranking (careful around electrical connections)
You might have a problem with your crank sensor or ignition. Remove spark plug wire and check for spark while turning engine over. When this happens unplug crank sensor near crank pulley then plug back in to see if it starts if so replace crank sensor.
Mine is doing the same thing.. Long crank time when cold mainly to start.. Seem fine warm for a while then it starts having trouble warm as well. Almost ran my battery down starting it today. Called my guru and she said it's the fuel pump. 2hr labor and 80 part. Tank might need removed if no accesss panel.. "She says"...
She's good trust me!