Question about 2002 Pontiac Aztek
My mechanic said i need a new tumbler because my key wont go into the ignition. but he can remove the tumbler unless the key will go into the ignition to put it onto the on position. what do i do?
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
Do you carry a lot of keys on the ring ? This can cause excessive ware to the ignition.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
the dealer should be able to make you a key, all you need is the vin number,they can make a key for it, as loong as the ignition in the van is the one that came with the van, if it was replaced then they cant make one, if you didnt by van new then just have key made its mostlikely its original one, hope this helps.
Posted on May 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2015 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Jan 30, 2015 | 2002 Pontiac Aztek
Oct 01, 2014 | 2003 Pontiac Aztek
Feb 20, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition cylinder but do not turn it.
3. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door.
Hold until instructed to release.
4. Remove key from ignition and then insert key into ignition without turning ignition cylinder and remove key.
5. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition.
6. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel.
A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode.
7. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds.
A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful.
8. Repeat step 6 if you are programming additional remotes.
9. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
NOTE: If you are having trouble getting this procedure to work, we have found that some vehicles need step 3 to be done before step 2
Aug 02, 2011 | Pontiac Aztek Cars & Trucks
Jul 12, 2011 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Aug 16, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
May 20, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Dec 07, 2009 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
653 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!