a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds. A. Insert the key into the ignition and Pull key out twice (Do NOT Turn)
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Close then open the drivers door twice. B. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Close then open the drivers door twice. B. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition. C. Close the drivers door. D. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. E. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point. 6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remtoe simutaneously for 1.5 seconds. B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was not accepted. C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote. 7. Open drivers door.
1. Get in your vehicle.
2. Close the door.
3. Put key in ignition
4. Do not turn on the ignition yet.
5. Hold down on the unlock button on the door panel. Do not let up.
6. Turn the key to ON, OFF, ON, OFF (while still holding the unlock button on the door panel).
7. Release the unlock button.
8. The door locks should cycle, indicating that you did everything correctly.
9. Have all your remote entry fobs available. Hold down on both the lock and unlock buttons until the door locks cycle. Do the same on all key fobs. This will re-program all of them.
10. Turn ON the ignition key to exit the program mode.
once you fitted new batteries to both fobs you needed to reset the car.....put key in drivers door and unlock/hold key over(windows go down)wait 30 secs then lock/hold over key,(windows go up)wait 30 secs,then press/hold unlock button for 30 secs.you have just reset the system.you have loads of other little gizmos but i will leave you to find them all good hunting....one side parking lights/driveway illumination/and more.
You should not have to reset the key fob after a battery replacement. The signal from the key fob stays the same and is programed to the reciever.
If the key fob needs to be reprogrammed then follow these steps.
1. Have all key fobs with you during programming.
2. Sit in the vehicle with all doors closed.
3. Lock all doors using the Lock/Unlock switch on the door.
4. Insert and withdraw the ignition key 7 to 9 times within 10 seconds (do not turn the key, just insert and withdraw).
5. The 4 way flasher indicator on the dash should flash once or twice.
6. Insert the ignition key and turn it on (key on, engine off).
7. Press any button on one remote and the 4 way flasher indicator on the dash should flash once.
8. If you have more key fobs to program use the Lock/Unlock button on the door to unlock the doors and then lock the doors.
9. Press any button on the next key fob and the 4 way flasher indicator on the dash should flash once.
10. Repeat if you have more key fobs. Only 5 can be programmed.
11. To exit, simply turn of the igniton and remove the ignition key.
12. Unlock the doors using the Lock/Unlock switch on the door and exit the vehicle.
13. Make sure the window is down when testing remotes in case you leave the keys inside.
14. Close all doors and test all remotes that were programmed.
Do not skip any steps or the process will not work.
If the 4 way flasher indicator does not work when inserting the key, you will need to start the process from the begining. If it still does not work the receiver may be your problem.
If the 4 way flasher indicator does not flash when pressing any button on the key fob then the key fob is the problem (dead battery or defective remote)
i would say the theft module saw the door trying to be open without the door lock or fob first, once the door lock button was pushed it shut down, it new doors were trying to be unlocked in a theft manner, once shut down it needs time to reset or needs to see ignition cycle with key and read chip in key, smart system isnt it, good luck.