- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1st to second sounds like a forced shift i would check the 1-2 shift solenoid inside the transmission and make sure the speed sensors are all in good working order, clean and apply electro grease to plugs on the transmission , as for the idle problem it could be many things from sensors for the engine to a torque converter lockup solenoid need more info is the check engine light on? you said it shudders is it missing or has a surging idle ( high and low) does it die when it goes low idle or stay running
One common problem is a vac leak or a sticking throttle plate. The computer controls idle speed by how much air is allowed into the intake. The idle control valve could be sticking even tho you have cleaned it, or have a faulty motor.
A high idle is caused by either a massive vacuum leak or a sticking idle speed control valve. I would think you have a vacuum leak, use a can of carb spray and shot around the top[ of the engine, if you hit a leak the engine will sound different, repair as needed.
1. check your fuel filter and replace
2. this sounds to me like you are losing power due to your valves being out of adjustment, valve lash adjustment should be checked at every tune up on this motor
3. a manual on this vehicle would be a great asset to you
1990 22re same problem surge when pedal was depressed thought it was booster or check valve still didnt fix it i even put a brand new booster on it just to make sure still no fix it finnally went away on its own for about a month now it does it just sitting at an idle with out the brake pedal depressed traced all vaccum lines no problem there and still have no clue