Question about 2008 Ford F 450 Super Duty
HOW DO I TURN OFF THE IDLE TIMER ON MY 2008 F550 WITH A POWER STROKE.
We asked Ford Tech hotline about this for one of our customers and they told us no.
But here are the specs for it.You can prolong it by not setting park brake or if you press the brake or accel during the final 30 secs. before shutdown.
Engine shutdown occurs under the following conditions:
• Vehicle speed below 1.6 km/h (1 MPH)
• Engine coolant temperature is greater than 15 °C (60 °F)
• Transmission in the PARK or NEUTRAL position
• Engine shutdown occurs in 5 minutes with the parking brake applied
• Engine shutdown occurs in 15 minutes without the parking brake applied
• The engine shutdown time may be increased in regeneration mode or scan tool mode (60
• Brake or accelerator pedal application in the 30 second window resets the engine shutdown
• Power take off (PTO)/auxiliary idle control system not active
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 29, 2015 | 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Feb 24, 2013 | 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty
Jun 28, 2012 | 2008 Ford F 450 Super Duty
Feb 23, 2011 | 2001 Ford Super Duty F 450
Oct 11, 2010 | 2008 Volkswagen Jetta
Jul 31, 2010 | 2008 Ford F 450 Super Duty
Feb 26, 2010 | 2008 Ford F 250 Super Duty 4WD
Nov 20, 2009 | 2008 Ford F 450 Super Duty
474 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!