Question about 2004 Lexus Lx 470
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
SOURCE: Navigation problem in LX 470
Hi... Had this issue in the past with my 2004 RX. Someone gave me this tip but I don't know how it will look in your car: What I did is the following: Took off the DVD Unit (mine was in the rare trunk) unsrew the screws. There is ribon kind of thing that you need to disconnect ( i guess I had to unscrew some other drivers as well inside the unit.. cant recall). Anyway, after disconnecting that ribon, reconnect it and put everything back and it should work fine.
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Open the tailgate and then you must unsnap the carpeted part. It's easier with two people as the plastic part that says "Lexus" has to be pulled up out of the way as it will spring back in place if someone is not holding it. Don't be afraid to pull on the carpeted part; it will snap back with ease. When it's off you will see where the lights are. There are three screws you must undo so you can take off the metal cover. Should be pretty easy from there!
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2015 | 2007 Lexus LX 470
Nov 27, 2013 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
Jun 10, 2012 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
Jan 11, 2011 | 2002 Lexus LX 470
Feb 27, 2010 | 2003 Lexus LX 470
Sep 11, 2009 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
Jun 23, 2009 | 2004 Lexus GX 470
May 20, 2009 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
May 09, 2009 | 2002 Lexus LX 470
Feb 20, 2009 | 2002 Lexus LX 470
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: