Question about 2004 Honda Accord
So my car battery died when I was on vacation. Then my radio said code on the screen. I drive a 2004 honda accord. i guessed a few times then instead of reading CODE it now says ERROR E, I was looking through my owners manual and found my serial # and radio code but I cannot enter it in bc the radio says error e...Can anyone help?
You only get like 10 tries this means you made to many attempts trying to put the wrong code in. Disconnect the battery cable and then try putting the code in the radio again.
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
To get rid of the ErrE message, you need to have the radio powered on continuously for at least one hour. After an hour, then CODE will come back. You can then enter your 5-digit code. If you don't want to wait an hour, disconnect the battery--that will work too.
This link steps you through how to get your code, if you don't have it:
Good luck. It took me 3 days to get my radio/cd back. It didn't help that my Honda dealership gave me the wrong code. The link above gave me the correct one, thank goodness.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
From the offical Honda website- frequestly asked questions
The Unlock Code & device unit's serial# are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. The card is usually in the glove box at the time of delivery. Use the Unlock Code listed on this card.
2003 - 2007 Accord with Navigation System
1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I).
2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
3. Turn off the audio unit.
4. Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens.
5. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200).
6. The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055).
7. Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2011 | 2004 Honda Accord
Sep 20, 2010 | 2004 Honda Accord
Sep 09, 2010 | 2002 Honda Accord
May 15, 2010 | 2004 Honda Accord
Apr 08, 2010 | 2004 Honda Accord
Jan 20, 2010 | 2005 Honda Civic
Jan 01, 2010 | 2004 Honda Accord
Oct 16, 2009 | 2003 Honda Accord
Oct 01, 2009 | 2004 Honda Accord
Jan 10, 2009 | 2004 Honda Accord
14,574 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!