The battery died on my 2001 eclipse, now the radio only says ''off''?
This is the anti-theft device on your factory radio. When the battery died, the radio thought it had been removed from your car and went into anti-theft mode. When you turned the car back on, the radio should have read "CODE" on the display, at which point you need to enter the factory anti-theft code. After 3 failed attempts at entering the code, it will simply read "OFF" and the radio is locked.
At this point:
- find your factory anti-theft code - it should be in your owner's manual, or you can contact a dealer to retrieve it
- turn the key to the ACC position (radio and accessories on, but engine is off)
- turn on the radio so the display reads "OFF"
- let the car sit for 1 hour
- radio will turn off automatically and reset
- turn the radio on again, and it should read "CODE"
- enter the factory anti-theft code
Make sure you have the code before starting the procedure. To enter the code, use the radio preset buttons. For example, if your code is "4321", hit Preset #1 button four times, Preset #2 three times, Preset #3 two times, and Preset #4 one time. Then hit the "Tape" or "CD" button. Radio should now be unlocked.
Sep 13, 2009 |
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse