Question about 2000 Hyundai Accent
Central locking was making loud whirring noise .can pull up button but door wont unlock and cannot open with handles.dont know how to remove window winder to remove door card and it is very awkward as door is closed.
SOURCE: hyundai atoz beeping noise
if you leave a turn indicator on or the lights on or leave the key in the ignition and open the drivers door it will beep.if none of the above then the door sensor could be faulty.does it beep when you are driving??? then you have a fault if not no fault to worry about...
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
I have to do the same with my door handle on my excel. The Window winder is held on by a sort of circlip thingy and they do make a special tool to remove it, and i would reccommend buying it or even borrowing one from a local mechanic. it is possible to remove it with a screwdriver and some wire but it is very hard and fiddly as you have to do it blind.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
Removing the door is very tricky, trust me on this. I ended up breaking it the first time, so please learn from my mistake.
1. Remove all visible screws: 2 at bottom of door, 3 on front near hinge, 1 on inside the door lever. You will need an average size phillips screwdriver to do this.
2. On the door handle itself, you will see two circles. Pop the front one out. You will need a LARGE size phillips screwdriver to do this.
3. Once screws are removed, take a (standard) flat-head screwdriver, preferable one with a large face, and pry the triangular piece of plastic (that covers the outside SIDE mirror) off. This will aide in puting the door panel back on...TRUST ME!!!
4. Take the same flat-head screwdriver, and pry behind the door lock (at the same time, push forward toward the door hinge). The assembly should pop out.
5. Gently pry the door panel from the door, making sure not to break any unnecessary pieces along the way. The door panel should be hanging by the window sill opening.
6. This is where it will get tricky. It is advised that you use help with this part: Angle the door panel at a 45 degree angle. AT THE SAME TIME, slightly bend and twist the door lock handle until it fits through the hole. You will see the 3 pegs the held it in the door from before. Also note: Be careful not to break the 2 poles that are attached to the lock.
7. After popping the lock through the hole, you should be able to lift the door upward, and off the sill. Repeat these steps in reverse order to re-attach door panel.
Be careful not to rip sound-deadening paper found on inside of door unless you intend to remove or replace it! Not only does it prevent dirt and moisture from entering your door (and possible rusting it from the inside out), but it makes your speakers sound better too!
**It is also recommended to put a tiny bead of silicone on the inside of the door panel to help suppress any rattling, and prevent moisture and dust from entering. It also helps your screws obtain a tighter fit. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
SOURCE: central locking wont stay open
Here's what I suspect is happening. The door locks will lock and unlock normally when the key is OUT of the ignition. If the key is IN the ignition, the doors cannot be locked (manually, key fob, or otherwise, if the system is operating as designed - prevents the doors being locked when the key is in the ignition). I've seen this problem before, but on a Santa Fe, not an Accent. The ground signal of the right hand front passenger door was lost, and the doors automatically locked. Perhaps something similar is happening in the circuit between the ETACS module and the right front passenger door lock/unlock actuator. Could be anywhere in the circuit.
These wiring diagrams may be helpful. The relays expecially may help solve this issue. As you can see, these relays are also controled by the ETACS module (Remote Keyless Entry).
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
there is a plastic c-clip that holds the window handle on. you can use a screwdriver topry it off or a rag works well if you can get it stuck in the clip.
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2013 | Volkswagen Golf Cars & Trucks
This will help.
Mar 01, 2012 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Feb 11, 2012 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Apr 23, 2010 | 2003 Land Rover Freelander
Mar 05, 2010 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Oct 03, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Jul 30, 2009 | Land Rover Freelander Cars & Trucks
Feb 24, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: