Question about 2003 Toyota Camry
My husband backed out of our driveway just as the neighbor across the street backed out of her driveway, and they collided. She was in a van that sustained a small scratch, while my camry has a dent about the size of a football in the rear bumper. We do not want to put in an insurance claim , so will be repairing the damage ourselves (hopefully). The first step is to take off the bumper before we can "pop out" the dent. There are some scratches at either end of the dent. Can you advise as to how to remove the bumper? Thanks
You can heat the bumper heat gun ( you can rent one i think?)
this will soft the bumper so you push it out easily on the car
1. inside your trunk remove small back clips in trim panel
2. remove tail lamp four 8mm nut perside unplug wires
3. remove black clips under tail lamps ( flat head screwdriver to pull center of the clip up slowly then remove the hole clip)
4. three if the some clips are bottom if the bumper
5. three or four 10mm nuts in side the quarter panel on the right and left side
6.four s shape clips are top bumper that will pull loose
7. with some help slide bumper by pulling it off it
8. when you reinstall the bumper you may need to tape the strophe reinforcement in place
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2014 | 2008 Toyota Camry
on Apr 26, 2012 | 1995 Toyota Camry
May 26, 2014 | 2003 Toyota Corolla
May 29, 2013 | 1996 Toyota Camry
Feb 27, 2013 | 2004 Toyota Solara
Sep 07, 2012 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Sep 22, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Aug 29, 2009 | 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander
Jul 09, 2009 | 2004 Toyota ECHO
1,884 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: