Question about 1997 Volkswagen Golf
I have a couple of probelms with my 2.0 golf gti mark 3.
Firstly, my reverse light does not come on when reverse gear is chosen, i have replaced the bulb but still nothing - is there a fuse for the reverse light and if so where is this located ??
Secondly, the 15 amp fuse for my central locking, cigarette lighter, interior light and trip computer keeps blowing after only ac ouple of days - i've heard this could be down to the fact my rear windscreen wiper has ceased, could this be the case and if so how do i go about unsticking the rear wiper ??
Any assistance in this matter would be grately appreciated as i'm looking to sell the car soon !!
SOURCE: golf gti mark 3 1996.
On the this Golf the panel is located by the driver’s right knee, under the dash panel.
NOTE: fuse specifications are listed on inside of panel cover.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Pinched, worn, or otherwise damaged wire somewhere. You will need to investigate further to find the problem.
Get a continuity tester and check for continuity to ground with each wire.
I would suspect a door wire before the dome light wire.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
SOURCE: cigarette lighter fuse
Here is the fuse relay diagram:
MKIV FUSE LIST
1. Washer nozzle heaters, glove compartment light, memory seat control module (10A).
2. Turn signal lights (10A).
3. Fog light relay, instrument panel light dimmer switch (5A).
4. License plate light (5A).
5. Comfort system, cruise control, Climatronic, A/C, heated seat control modules, automatic day/night interior mirror, control module for multi-function steering wheel, control unit in steering wheel (7.5A).
6. Central locking system (5A).
7. Back-up lights, speedometer vehicle speed sensor (VSS) (10A).
9. Anti-lock brake system (ABS) (5A).
10. Engine control module (ECM): gasoline engine (10A); diesel engine, Model Year 2000 > (5A).
11. Instrument cluster, shift lock solenoid (5A).
12. Data Link Connector (DLC) power supply (7.5A).
13. Brake tail lights (10A).
14. Interior lights, central locking system (10A).
15. Instrument cluster, transmission control module (TCM) (5A).
16. A/C clutch, after-run coolant pump (10A).
18. Headlight high beam, right (10A).
19. Headlight high beam, left (10A).
20. Headlight low beam, right (15A).
21. Headlight low beam, left (15A).
22. Parking lights right, side marker right (5A).
23. Parking lights left, side marker left (5A).
24. Windshield and rear window washer pump, windshield wiper motor (20A).
25. Fresh air blower, Climatronic, A/C (25A).
26. Rear window defogger (25A).
27. Motor for rear windshield wiper (15A).
28. Fuel pump (FP) (15A).
29. Engine control module (ECM) gasoline engine (15A); diesel engine (10A).
30. Power sunroof control module (20A).
31. Transmission control module (TCM) (20A).
32. Injectors: gasoline engine (10A); diesel engine (15A).
33. Headlight washer system (20A).
34. Engine control elements (10A).
35. 12 V power outlet (in luggage compartment) (30A).
36. Fog lights (15A).
37. Terminal (86S) on radio, Instrument cluster (10A).
38. Central locking system (with power windows), luggage compartment light, remote/fuel tank door, motor to unlock rear lid (15A).
39. Emergency flashers (15A).
40. Dual tone horn (20A).
41. Cigarette lighter (15A).
42. Radio (25A).
43. Engine control elements (10A).
44. Heated seats (15A).
Fuse arangements in fuse bracket/battery:
S162. Glow plugs (coolant) (50A).
S163. Fuel pump (FP) relay/glow plug relay (50A).
S164. Coolant fan control (FC) control module/coolant fan (40A).
S176. Relays panel interior (110A).
S177. Generator (GEN) (90 Amp.) (110A).
Generator (GEN) (120 Amp.) (150A).
S178. ABS (hydraulic pump) (30A).
S179. ABS (30A).
S180. Coolant fan (30A). Source(s): http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=122606 fame !
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
check the shifter as it should have the reverse contact in the console, if the shifter has some play in it then the contacts for the switch could have become damaged.. good luck
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2014 | 2000 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Apr 18, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 25, 2012 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 12, 2010 | 1999 Volkswagen GTI
Sep 02, 2010 | 1999 Volkswagen GTI
Dec 02, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen GTI
May 04, 2009 | 2008 Volkswagen Gti
Jan 20, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Golf
Jan 19, 2009 | 1992 Toyota 4Runner
Aug 07, 2008 | 2000 Volkswagen Golf
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!