Question about 2004 Chevrolet Impala
HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE HEATER CORE ?
Drain the coolant. Remove the dashboard first, then a bunch of air ducts, then the heater core cover. Remove the heater hoses in the rear of the motor, and finally the heater core.
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
Heater Core removal/installation 2003 Chevy Impala 3.4 liter engine:
1. Remove both plastic kick plates located under the passenger and driver side of dash.
2. Remove 2 screws holding the rear floor duct adapter (small, long triangle shaped plastic piece) located behind the lower duct, has some wires connected to it on the right side. Slide it out from behind the duct to the right, to get it out of the way.
3. Remove lower duct located under the center portion of the dash below the ashtray, its helps to pull the carpet away from the bottom portion. It has multiple screws holding it in place. This step takes some effort to remove, it slides out to the right.
4. Heater Core is located up under the air conditioning control knobs/radio behind a large plastic cover that snaps off.
5. Heater Core has a black plastic retaining clip around the two coolant pipes. Use a flat-head screwdriver to unsnap the clip and remove it.
6. Under the hood, you will see the two coolant pipes coming out of the firewall. It helps to remove the hoses from engine portion first to make room to remove them from the heater core. Remove hoses.
7. Remove heater core. Install in reverse order.
Time to do the job should be under 1 hour.
Posted on Jun 24, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2016 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Apr 07, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 03, 2016 | 2005 Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala LS
Feb 20, 2015 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Dec 30, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Feb 10, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Dec 12, 2009 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Jun 01, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Dec 06, 2016 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
1,450 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!