- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I assume you mean the one that flips up in the center console?
If so, there are three likely issues.
1) did you slide out the retainer from the upper screw? the top screw had a cover that had to be pried off. you then took the screw out. Lastly you have to slide out the plastic retainer that the screw went into. It slides out towards the opening.
2) you have to have the cup holder partially open to remove it. the hinged part that folds up is stored in the cavity under the console when closed. you have to open the cup holder and keep pushing until the front of the cup holder lip comes up. Work the cup holder up and down until it comes out.
3) the cup holder is stuck in place due to years of spilled liquid. If you've done the above, then you can either spray soapy water on the creases around the opening and let it set, or you can apply strategic brute force.
Be aware through. if this is the center console cup holder just behind the gear shifter. There are two screws and nothing else to hold it in. Just be carefull....
Remove the shift lever knob. Remove the #2 console panel by prying up with a flat screwdriver to release the clips. (The #2 panel is the one that includes your cup holders) Remove the #1 console panel (the one around the shifter) by prying straight up with a flat screwdriver to release the clips. Remove the screws securing the shifter boot (gaiter) to the bottom side of the #1 console panel.
Hello! See the link below with a complete video of "79 series" Landcrusier brake adjustment...The emergency brake adjustment is done (for the most part) at the rear wheels...There is an adjustment nut under the Shift Boot...If you remove the cup holder screw and slide cup holder forward you can gain access to the nut...But this is more of a "fine" adjustment...Follow the steps in the included video...when completed, drive the vehicle a 1/4 mile with the e-brake on...Then release...There should be about 5-6 clicks on the e-brake lever when completed...Guru...Saailer
right above the cup holder is a cover the length of the cup holder remove it pops out. 2 screws hold the cup holder 2 hold the bezel u only need to take the 2 for the bezel out. The rest will pop off and disconnect the connectors for the AC and so on.
Start with the rear console. Two screws on the sides, then open the console and pry up the plate in the bottom. Remove the screws under the plate. Pull emergency brake lever. Remove cup holder insert. Three more screws to remove. Now the console will come out when you lift it and pull it back out of the clips. Next remove the ashtray. One screw behind the ash tray two more for the cover. Disconnect wires. the stereo is accessible.
I dropped a card in between there a few months ago and had to retrieve it. Don't waste your time trying to fish it out..it's almost impossible and very time consuming. All you have to do is pull the rubber out from around the shifter and pry the entire plastic covering up. Be as gentle as possible. It should pop right off. Make sure the pull on the E brake so that you can remove the cover, as well. Hope it works for ya!
Should be screws hidden under plugs that are the same color as the plastic. Try to remove cup holder etc there should be little pop outs. I will check on one of the kias in the lot. send me a response so I can put you at the top of the list.