TRY THIS I BET IT'S YOUR PROBLEM
Neutral Safety Switch
Clutch Start Switch
- Put the selector in the park position.
- Loosen the screws on the neutral safety switch.
- Remove the switch.
- Reverse the procedures to complete the installation.
Before replacing the clutch switch
or any component connected to the vehicle's control computer,
disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- After replacing the switch, slowly work the clutch pedal and note
any unusual noises or interferences with pedal movement.
- If the switch is adjustable, make sure the clutch pedal height and
push rod (free) play are correct.
- Then check the release point of the clutch.
- Begin by engaging the parking brake and installing wheel chocks.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle.
- Without depressing the clutch pedal, slowly shift the shift lever
into reverse until the gears contact.
- Gradually depress the clutch pedal and measure the stroke distance
from the point the gear noise stops (this is the release point) up to
the full stroke end position.
- If the distance is not within specifications, check the pedal
height, push rod play, and pedal free play.
- If the distance is correct, check the clearance between the switch
and the pedal assembly when the clutch is fully depressed.
Clutch switch to pedal assembly clearance.
Courtesy of Toyota Motor Company.
- Loosen the switch and adjust its position to provide for the