First off did you Know this ?????
Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
GMC / 1500 2004
Regency / Chevrolet 1500 2004
MANUFACTURER: General Motors Corp.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V240000 Recall Date : MAY 14, 2004
: Temporary/Emergency Spare Tire
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 285
The spare tire and wheel assembly that was provided on certain conversion vehicles will not fit on the front wheel hub
due to offset of the wheel. However, it will fit on the rear wheels
If someone has a flat tire on the front wheel, they will not be able to install the provided spare tire.
Dealers will install a spare wheel with the correct offset. Owner notification began on June 11, 2004. Owners should contact Regency at 1-800-989-4727.
Customers can also contact The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236)
SPARE TIRE is Under rear of truck use Long Cranking in HoleClose to Lisence Plate to Lower it Down Cranking Counter Clockwise. Wing in center of Wheel pokes thrugh Hole in Center of wheel
Reverse Procedure to Put old tire in Tire Storage Compartment
- Locate Jack & Wheel Lug Nut Wrench
- There is Directions as to where to placse the Jack for raising Truck Where Jack is Located
- Set Park Brake Chalk tire if possible & Hazard lights (If on the Roadside)
- Loosen all Wheel Nuts on said wheel before Raising Vehicle
- Place Jack In Recomended Placment spot
- Rear is Normaly on Axel close to Shock
- Front is Normaly on FRAMERAIL
- Raise vehicle untill tire is 3-4 inches off ground as Flat will Lower vehicle
- Remove All Wheel Nuts And Wheel
- Place new wheel/tire on Vehicle and start all nuts
- Tighten nuts as tight as Possible then Lower Vehicle Untill tire touches ground Good
- Now Toque Wheel Nuts as tight as Possible with hand tool
- Lower vehicle all the way down
- Put away tools and Reliece Park Brake
- Torque should be around 100-130 foot Pounds
I Hope this is What You Wanted Its Off the Cuff as My Reference Books done have this Procedure.