Question about 2003 Dodge Caravan
I changed the fuel filter,thinking that was the problem, it was'nt. If I try to start it, it will only start if I push the accellorater to the floor and keep cranking. It will sprut and sputter and finally start. It runs rough for a while and I have to feather the accellorater to keep it running, once it warms up,it is fine. Any help?
This sounds like the fuel pressure check valve in the fuel pump has failed, have a fuel pressure leak-down test run, the system should hold pressure noted at engine shutdown for 24 hours with o more than 5 PSI drop, if it leaks down u get air in the system and the symptom's u have described.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
Replaced everything even computor, it was the cold start sensor & thmostat and gasket, make sure the eng haa all air out of motor or won't work it takes a long time to make sure the air is gone and thomostat is open. and the car runs great and starts up cold without flooding plugs, it took us weeks to fine this problem with alot of people and dealerships not knowig how or what was wrong so don't waste your money with dealers they don't know what they are talking about, they told us to replace everything even the computor and al sensors under hood and fuel pump, which did not work.
Posted on Nov 29, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 16, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Mar 12, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan
Mar 06, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Jul 25, 2010 | 2003 Dodge Caravan
Jul 24, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 01, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
614 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: